Oh the shame..

Played some stoplight drag racing. With of all things a Volkswagen bug. And it was a diesel. Volkswagen pulled up next to me at the stoplight. Brake checked it a little bit and pointed at the light. She keep up with me. Yes she. Got out on 31 she pulled back up beside.I dropped it down & hammered it. Bye-bye. WTH ?¿ She was hanging right with me. At about 110 she’s apparently had a lot left. She dropped the hammer. Big old cloud of black smoke poured out of it. & she pulled away from me. I just rolled off the throttle and hung my head.
OH THE SHAME !!!

I am fragile. Not like a flower. But like a bomb.

22 life’s a day

Who would have guessed:question:

[navy]Sportsman Masters 207 Yamaha F150[/navy]

That’s rough man.Sounds like you need to buy an old cop car with a 440 magnum police interceptor instead of all those motorcycles. I wish that I’d never sold my old Plymouth.

A gas bug with slicks would beat you off the line the first 10-15 feet. You best stop ridding that “hog” like those monkeys(thats’ for RBF) and start slowing down and enjoy the ride. One mistake and you a grease spot on the road.
That’s coming from somebody who rode the 2 stroke 750 water buffalo for too many years. Next to cow mach 3 fastest bike I ever rode. Back when cops rode bikes…I burned some cops on KZ1000’s 3 out of 3 on the stoplights in B’ham. They were shocked.
Last time I got on a bike…500 Suzuki…café style…front fork dive to the point of unstable…unless you like riding on the front wheel.
Nope…done riding bikes.
Glad you didn’t quit posting. I need to get you, me, and boat poor together for some beers for we get to old. Social distancing of course…after the ladder match.

The ENTER-NET Fisherman

I’m always up for a cold beer.I had a couple Kawasakis back in the day. Had a KZ900 & a 750 H2. Pretty quick bikes.
I’ve got a '79 shovelhead. My fire breathing dragon. I’ve had her since 1985. run 7 seconds 126 mph in the 8th mile. Was never able to get under 7. Always smoked the tire coming off the line.
Boy them were the days. And all of a sudden one day you wake up and your a$$ is old.

22 life’s a day

Had two water buffaloes fast for their day but the braking sucked. Quickest bike I’ve owned was a 1986 vmax. Heavy but at the time fastest production bike made. Last bike was a magna sold about 15 years ago. Too many idiots not paying attention to bikers on the roads for me.

Crazy how diesel performance has come so far.

I had a 67 Bug with a 2180 cc motor and 2 Weber 2 barrel carbs. That thing would scoot and get off the line fast. Sometimes I knew it was going faster than that car was ever designed to go. Add to that, drum brakes that weren’t great and its a wonder I didn’t kill myself. I miss that little car. You don’t see many of the old bugs on the road much anymore.

"Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It's Hand", but really, who cares?

You never did say what you were running otc ?

It’s a '06 ultra classic. Pretty much stock except for the exhaust and the intake. And the stereo. Haha. But after I finish my other projects. I might upgrade the cams and pistons in it and a little head work nothing crazy.
Got a sidecar ordered for it. I think I’m next in line. So hopefully sometime in January. I kind of expected it last month but oh well. He’s out of Greer. His son also builds sidecars in Florida. Sweet sidecars.

22 life’s a day