OK Wednesday

Don’t have the gaudy report to match those of Saturday, but it was still OK. Started at the mouth of Ballentine Creek at first light for a 3 hour excursion. Hadn’t been in quite a while.

Marked fish around my hump, but they sure weren’t in the mood so headed over to work the south shore, generally staying 20 feet or less. Feeling it was prudent to check baits, pulled one planer board right next to the boat when the big cork got hit. Left the planer board beside the boat and in the process of netting the fish, it got struck. So had to dump the fish out of the net and knock it out of the way, along with the rod so I could take on the next one. Another strike as I was just beginning to redeploy the planer and missed that one. Turned the boat around and got all three rods back out. Another strike knocked the planer off the line but managed to track it down after netting a fat 25 incher.

Wound up with three keepers and a few misses. Basically, except for the brief flurry, it was a slow bite. Still not a bad day for an old duffer and I don’t think the fish were being fair.