Ol Kat fishing team 5/2 (pics and video)

Cool

Luke 8:22-25

Well on our boat we were using this one but Hairy’s super human strength along with the weight of this fish bent the heck out of it!:wink::smiley:

BTW cool dolphin pic!

“Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a
pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly
used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming–WOW–What a ride!!!”
-Stuart Wilde-
All Rise - 31 Contender Fish Around with a pair of 250 Yamahas

Nice gaffing technique BIGEASY. Never thought of that. Also never thought of wrapping line around rod tip in case of drag failure.:smiley::clown_face:

It does not matter where you gaff the fish all that matters is that he is in the box.

Contender 31 fisharound twin 250 yamahas

I found it alot easier to use a smaller hook on a tender fish like the dolphin. A small gaff, you will have a bigger strike zone on the fish instead of gashing up the fish with a monster gaff. I try to keep the gaff out of the fish sight until it is time to strike the gaff. That way the fish does not go bezerk.

268 CC KeyWest F150 Yamahas Hook-N-Up

I spoke with Pallet and he is kind of the tree hugging type. Wants to use the big gaff to kill the fish quickly so he does not suffer in the fish box with his other dead friends. Personally I think he is missing the point.:smiley::smiley::smiley:

I warned him about posting that section of the video. Give him hell!! He deserves it.:wink:

-Stuart Wilde-

Pallet will learn from experience. Don’t you worry. He will get tired of floundering around with that over kill gaff. Since I made that homemade small gaff, I have had more successful gaff shots with it than with the long pole gaff. Working a six or eight foot gaff on a boat you are subject to knocking out the spectators when they are standing behind you to watch the action. lol:face_with_head_bandage:

Henry, post a pic of that homemade gaff if you have one. I would like to see it.

I am just picking on Pallet, he knows his stuff, you can count on him to put fish in the boat. Everybody has their moment while on camera.

-Stuart Wilde-

Sometimes you need a six or eight foot Gaff when you are trying to gaff a 60 pound tuna. Our other gaff was broken and palet likes to give them one more chance at life.

Contender 31 fisharound twin 250 yamahas

I will try to get by the boat shed and take a picture of our homemade gaff. It is also good to gaff snake kings with it too.

By the way S4G are you by any chance a judge in the court of law? Just curious, about the name of your vessel.

He just stays at a Holliday Inn Express!:smiley:

50,000 battered women in America and I’ve been eating mine plain

quote:
Originally posted by HENRY

By the way S4G are you by any chance a judge in the court of law? Just curious, about the name of your vessel.

My father is. Chunky dunk and myself named the boat. He likes it I guess we had a majority vote (2 to 1) so it would not have mattered if he would have liked somthing else:smiley: He wanted something that was more in line with our whole family but Chunky and I thought it was a unique name and went with it.

-Stuart Wilde-

quote:
Originally posted by HENRY

I will try to get by the boat shed and take a picture of our homemade gaff. It is also good to gaff snake kings with it too.

How are you going to gaff a big fish with a bream pole?

22" lowe puntun
350f yamaha

Who said that Henry catches big fish ???

“Double Play”
26’ Glacier Bay
Honda 150’s

Ol Kat Fishing Team–did any of you have a World Cat for sale last yr? That shed looks familiar.

Soup,Ihad a World Cat 246 for sale,but I dont think I took pictures of it under that building.I sold it to the first person that looked at it and they had it shipped to Guam.I did have a guy from Bishopville look at it after it was sold,so I would assume that could be you.

306 Prowler
Yamaha F225’s

Twas me. Cat was in the shed–got a nice spider bite putting my arm into the anchor well.

The Prowler was out in the yard.

Good fishing job and nice place.

Sorry about the spider bite.Did you find a boat?

Yeap, same boat, Norf…,VA. Pretty good deal. I still don’t buy that story about Guam.