Old english fishing show

I used to watch this series as a kid growing up in England. The show wasn’t allways about fishing, the general theme was country life, how things used to be done.
I just found some episodes on line and thought I would share one. Jack Hargreaves, the presenter, talks about the development of fishing rods,then does some english style course (freshwater) fishing.

Hope someone enjoys it, I find it incredibly relaxing for some reason.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=jack+hargreaves+out+of+town&&view=detail&mid=D5E80BDC2FEADB897FFFD5E80BDC2FEADB897FFF&&FORM=VRDGAR

I’m not a Dr, those are my initials and I cant edit my user name. Please do not contact me regarding medical issues :slight_smile:

Not bad,I’ve been water whacked before.haha.Cheerio mate.

What part of England are you from?

“Another poon dream splintered on the rocks of reality.” --Peepod 07-25-2017

Very cool, thanks for sharing!

Fishing Nerd

“skilled labor isn’t cheap, cheap labor isn’t skilled”

[quote]Originally posted by 23Sailfish

I’m from the SE,Kent, but spent a few years up North in Manchester area before coming to the US.

Grew up freshwater fishing, did a lot of match fishing, that’s what they call tournaments, fished for a team and kinda burned out on it. Took up flyfishing to get bck to the basics.

cheers

I’m not a Dr, those are my initials and I cant edit my user name. Please do not contact me regarding medical issues :slight_smile:

quote:
Originally posted by drterry

[quote]Originally posted by 23Sailfish

I’m from the SE,Kent, but spent a few years up North in Manchester area before coming to the US.

Grew up freshwater fishing, did a lot of match fishing, that’s what they call tournaments, fished for a team and kinda burned out on it. Took up flyfishing to get bck to the basics.

cheers

Mom was from Ely, spent a few years of my youth in England. Lost the accent in my first year of school here. We still stay close with our English family members. Mom goes over from time to time, but she’s getting a little age on her now. She still has her sisters and brother come over. Love to take them fishing or just plain running the rivers and creeks.

Mom was from Ely, spent a few years of my youth in England. Lost the accent in my first year of school here. We still stay close with our English family members. Mom goes over from time to time, but she’s getting a little age on her now. She still has her sisters and brother come over. Love to take them fishing or just plain running the rivers and creeks.

My lil sis visited last year, was great getting her on some fish, tho TBH she just loved being on the water, seeing Dolphins and Pelicans!

But here is the q, do you put Vinegar on your fries(chips)?

Cheers

I love malt vinegar and a limey wench to sprinkle it on my fish and chips.

quote:

My lil sis visited last year, was great getting her on some fish, tho TBH she just loved being on the water, seeing Dolphins and Pelicans!

But here is the q, do you put Vinegar on your fries(chips)?

Cheers

NOt like I used to. I think the closest I’ve found to the news paper wrapped fish and chips around here is Captain D’s. (yes I like Captain D’s battered fish[:I]) I’ve got a bottle of their malt vinegar in the refrigerator now.

Sman and Fred, best fish and chips Ive had here that didn’t come out of my kitchen is the Codfather
https://www.facebook.com/TheCODfatherchippy/

PS - i put extra malt vinegar on my salt and vinegar kettle chips!

quote:

Sman and Fred, best fish and chips Ive had here that didn’t come out of my kitchen is the Codfather

Never heard of the place? Just Goggled it, I’m going to talk the wife into going and if she won’t I’m going anyway. Thank You.

quote:
Originally posted by Fred67
quote:

Never heard of the place? Just Goggled it, I’m going to talk the wife into going and if she won’t I’m going anyway. Thank You.

If your wife won’t go let me know and I will join you.
Cheers

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Fred67
quote:

If your wife won’t go let me know and I will join you.
Cheers

Thanks a million for the Join ! I just got off the phone with Mom and my sister in law has already told her about the place. I asked her if she would like to give it a try and she is super excited about it. Gonna shoot for this Saturday if things go ok. If not, I’ll get there sometime. :smiley: