old pics

This is one of the coolest threads there’s been in a long time.

Finally found this old jewel! I’d say I was 10 -12 ish! My neighbor took me this trip and I remember he was surprised in my casting abilities, which I credited my Granddad! I remember this trip like it was last week! Those fish had me fall in love with salt water fishing. Never felt a fish pull that hard before! Good times!

Fishing Nerd

“you win some, you lose some…but nothing beats getting some!”

Pics of my Dad, and the little tyke is me. Late 70’s, early 80’s.

Most of these are the Galveston, TX area.

… The Cross of Christ is the anvil upon which the hammer of evil wore itself out.

makes me proud to be a part of this community! Thanks for a peek into the past guys

Larry, ya’ll didn’t look dirt poor.

DF says your mom was hot.

We never missed a meal, but we ate a whole lot of seafood :smiley:

My mom was pretty hot back then! She’s 85 now. Here’s one more. Tybee Island 1956.

Capt. Larry Teuton
Cracker Built Custom Boats

“Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made.” -Robert N. Rose

Nice pictures. Fresh slimy dead fish all up in the house and kitchen…My mom would’ve killed me :smiley:

quote:
Originally posted by Redfish_matt

Pics of my Dad, and the little tyke is me. Late 70’s, early 80’s.

Most of these are the Galveston, TX area.

… The Cross of Christ is the anvil upon which the hammer of evil wore itself out.

quote:
Fresh slimy dead fish all up in the house and kitchen...My mom would've killed me

My mom would have been cleaning fish and getting the oil hot :smiley:

Love that cowboy hat!

Capt. Larry Teuton
Cracker Built Custom Boats

“Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made.” -Robert N. Rose

Here are a couple of me and Dad under the Old Cooper River Bridge fishing for black drum.

awesome thread.

My mom & dad after the 72’ montego bay billfish tourney

My mom in '73

my first sail - remember our capt could make some great sailfish dip.