Older Land Rover Discovery II

I’m looking at purchasing an older land rover discovery (02-03) as a second vehicle, and wanted to see if anyone on the board has any good information on these vehicles. Known engine/ transmission issues, anything that may help perused me to move forward with the purchase or not.

02’ Seapro 17’CC w/ 90 yamaha 2stroke

I had that exact model. Drove it for 4 years. No major problems with the transmission (although on cold mornings mine would have some issues – would be stuck in low gear). However, you should expect all the “accessories” on the vehicle to break. I had constant issues with the power windows and locks breaking. At one point I would have to crawl through the trunk to unlock the car. Decent vehicle though and I never got stuck…Turning radius isn’t that great.

26’ Regulator, Twin 250s “On da Reg”

Don’t do it. Buy a 4Runner, GX470, or Land Cruiser. Trust me.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

My brother in law had constant issues with his…always something breaking…

“Endeavor to Persevere.
Give,Give… Never Take.”
EC

Thanks everyone, looks like I will pass on this vehicle.

02’ Seapro 17’CC w/ 90 yamaha 2stroke

Google Land Rover reliability. My boss had one that seemed to be in the shop more than in her driveway.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

any pictures of the boss

take it ez. its jokes

most of 'em have low mileage and a big service record file, can’t drive it if it’s in the shop

Pioneer 197SF

quote:
any pictures of the boss

She was actually quite the looker back when I worked for her. She had sleepy doe eyes and was smart as a whip.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?