on board fish cleaning

Okay another question from the new guy, is it okay to clean your catch while your out on the boat? I live in a condo, so I really don’t have the ability to carry home and clean outside, and the wife is not fond of me cleaning inside. So if I catch a slot Redfish or keeper Flounder can I clean the fish on the spot?

DNR requires caught fish to be brought back to the dock/landing with the head/tail intact. You can’t clean them until you’re back on dry land. I’m not positive, but I believe that you can gut them but not remove head/tail.

Yep, you can gut them but the head has to stay on so if the man wants to take a measurement at the ramp. Otherwise you can’t prove it was a legal fish.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”.

What about whiting , sheepshead, croaker, ect… Non game fish

Peace And Ease

Everyone should believe in something, I believe I’ll go fishing !!!

how would “the man” know it was whiting , sheepshead, croaker, ect… Non game fish?

You can gut them on the water but leave the rest intact. Tough to tell the difference between a good sized whiting fillet and an undersized redfish fillet.

If you are skilled with the knife, they can be roughly fileted at the dock. If they are something such at trout, you can leave the skin on, but either way you can get most of it done at the dock/landing with minimal space and water.

Sea Hunt BX22 Br
WS Tarpon 140

quote:
Originally posted by jczc2414

If you are skilled with the knife, they can be roughly fileted at the dock. If they are something such at trout, you can leave the skin on, but either way you can get most of it done at the dock/landing with minimal space and water.

</font id=“quote”></blockquote id=“quote”>“At the dock.” Ummmm…

Some kind of magic happens, “AT THE DOCK?”

quote:
Originally posted by iFly
quote:
Originally posted by jczc2414

</font id=“quote”></blockquote id=“quote”>“At the dock.” Ummmm…

Some kind of magic happens, “AT THE DOCK?”

The magic of the circle of life.

That’s why it is good to fish around docks…,.

220 Viper Sea Fox