One more thing

I also remember, a few years back, a post from I believe Lady Shrimp Killa about dry ice being effective at running off porpoises. I’m curious if anyone has ever tried this , and if so, do you put it near your poles with the bait? Or somewhere else? And does it work?

She had great advice through the years. What ever happened to her?

Last I heard, she and Hoppy were, “Deep Holing”…

LOL…

1 Like

LMAO…

It’s true!

600#s of ice too…

Man, that’s a name I have not heard in a long time.

Anyone heard from Penny?

2 Likes

I don’t think i’d necessarily use her behavior as a gauge… for anything

How does the MMPA define “harassment”?

The MMPA lists two levels of harassment:

Level A harassment means any act of pursuit, torment, or annoyance that has the potential to injure a marine mammal or marine mammal stock in the wild.

Level B harassment refers to acts that have the potential to disturb (but not injure) a marine mammal or marine mammal stock in the wild by disrupting behavioral patterns, including, but not limited to, migration, breathing, nursing, breeding, feeding, or sheltering.

What can happen to those prosecuted for violating the MMPA?

NOAA Fisheries Office of Law Enforcement works closely with other federal and state law enforcement agencies to enforce federal regulations and investigate violations when they occur.

If prosecuted, violators of the MMPA could face:

• Civil penalties up to $34,457.
  • Up to 1 year in prison, plus criminal fines.
  • Forfeiture of the vessel involved, including penalties for that vessel up to $25,000.

don’t shoot the messenger. used to be talk of a ziploc bag of M-80’s as part of a shrimping kit, but i assure you the charistmatic megafauna crowd takes any and all of this VERY seriously.

again, just the view from the cheap old JI seats…

Wow! Thanks for that info as I was tempted to try it! Not now. I’ll just deal with Flipper taking his cut off the top and I’ll be happy with whats left!

1 Like