Outer Banks

SPecifiically Rodanthe/Waves/Salvo area

Anyone visited this area? What to do? I see Diners Drive ins and Dives has done a bunch of shows from the area. FIshing is something to look in to. Sitting on the beach is not how I want to spend 4 days though, I can do that here without driving 8 hours.

Charleston City Papers Best Guide of 2014

quote:
Originally posted by CaptFritz

Anyone visited this area? What to do? I see Diners Drive ins and Dives has done a bunch of shows from the area. FIshing is something to look in to. Sitting on the beach is not how I want to spend 4 days though, I can do that here without driving 8 hours.

We were in Salvo this past spring. There’s not much to do except fish, off road driving and visiting light houses. It’s a place to relax and get away form everything.

Yea there is fishing and watersports. Thats about it. I recommend trying kiteboarding. And there is a little Australia restaurant that is different.

Surfing can be good. Ferry over to Ocracoke is a fun way to spend an afternoon. Wright Bros museum should be interesting.

13ft Whaler with 25hp Johnson

If you’re lucky enough to be fishing, you’re lucky enough.

quote:
Originally posted by sea tonic
quote:

We were in Salvo this past spring. There’s not much to do except fish, off road driving and visiting light houses. It’s a place to relax and get away form everything.

I've only used the 4X4 in my truck 3 times in 6 years,

quote:

FIshing is something to look in to.

Now we are cooking w peanut oil:smiley:

• I’d rather be a free man in my grave than living as a puppet or a slave.

[/URL]

I’ve been on the water 100 of the last 105 days it feelslike. The part about"getting away from it all" sounfds good to me also. Might be fun to book a charter and not tell them I am Charleston’s Best and just be the charter from hell that holds the spiining reel upside down and asks “How deep are we” all day.

quote:

Might be fun to book a charter and not tell them I am Charleston’s Best and just be the charter from hell that holds the spiining reel upside down and asks “How deep are we” all day.

That would be PRICELESS!

2012 Carolina Skiff J14, 25 Merc, Jackplate

Capt Fritz I have been reading your posts for years. Now I want to return the favor. Charter a trip with the Albatross Fleet out of Hatteras with Ernie Foster at Fosters Quay. They are very reasonable prices. They have been a fishing family on Hatteras since ??? They run three NC built Juniper boats built from the 1937 to 195? they are beautifully maintained and recently repowered. You’ll go a customer and leave a friend. You won’t catch as many fish as you would with the big boys next door but you’ll have memories to last a lifetime. They are the real deal. Some of the last outerbankers in operation. http://albatrossfleet.com/ You’ll have a blast picking their brains and hearing fishing stories from pre WWII to present.

Call Carol Dillon at the Outerbanks Motel in Buxton for lodging. Stay on the front row, North corner unit if you can. You’ll see why when you get there. Skip Waves and Rodanthe. Save for next time. Don’t eat anything but tile fish the whole time your there. You can walk the beach to the lighthouse in the AM. Bring your trout rod, you can wade the backside in the sound if you get bored. You’ll have a great vacation. Hope you come back though, I’d miss your posts. ANd don’t go telling too many people about it when you get back.

quote:
Originally posted by Tarpoon

Capt Fritz I have been reading your posts for years. Now I want to return the favor. Charter a trip with the Albatross Fleet out of Hatteras with Ernie Foster at Fosters Quay. They are very reasonable prices. They have been a fishing family on Hatteras since ??? They run three NC built Juniper boats built from the 1937 to 195? they are beautifully maintained and recently repowered. You’ll go a customer and leave a friend. You won’t catch as many fish as you would with the big boys next door but you’ll have memories to last a lifetime. They are the real deal. Some of the last outerbankers in operation. http://albatrossfleet.com/ You’ll have a blast picking their brains and hearing fishing stories from pre WWII to present.

Call Carol Dillon at the Outerbanks Motel in Buxton for lodging. Stay on the front row, North corner unit if you can. You’ll see why when you get there. Skip Waves and Rodanthe. Save for next time. Don’t eat anything but tile fish the whole time your there. You can walk the beach to the lighthouse in the AM. Bring your trout rod, you can wade the backside in the sound if you get bored. You’ll have a great vacation. Hope you come back though, I’d miss your posts. ANd don’t go telling too many people about it when you get back.

The best part about CF.com. Nice !

Key West 1720 115 HP Johnson Saltwater.

quote:

. Might be fun to book a charter and not tell them I am Charleston’s Best

If you are the best, it speaks for it’s self. are you worried?

dude, enough is enough. Just cuz the media said it don’t mean it’s so.

Just make sure you carry your blue or green glasses…

Albatross fleet charter

quote:
Originally posted by Fred67
quote:

Are you crying?

quote:
Originally posted by Tarpoon

Thanks for the info. Will check that stuff out later.

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Fred67
quote:

Are you crying?

Just a little Fritz. Remember the old saying “actions speak louder than words”. Don’t loose your credibility with too much bragging. :wink::wink:

No offence, but I don’t feel you are Charlestons best. AND If you were you wouldn’t need to keep repeating it.

Can I send you some koozies? No pink ones yet though. Burgundy black purple orange and camo colors available.

The nerve of this place giving me this number. They must not know who I am.

The nerve of this place giving me this number. They must not know who I am.

quote:

Can I send you some koozies? No pink ones yet though. Burgundy black purple orange and camo colors available.

If you only knew how you just made me laugh… Thanks Fritz!

No Pink? All the ladies love the pink ones. Or at least my wife does. Specially the pink camo designs.

Where you at Bolbie?

Just remember actions, actions, actions. Self glory just doesn’t do it.

< Evil is simply the absence of God >

I think “Talking Smack” is one of the judging criteria for fishermen.

13ft Whaler with 25hp Johnson

If you’re lucky enough to be fishing, you’re lucky enough.