Outrigger thoughts

Im going into my second year of offshore fishing and want to add some outriggers to my 27 cc. We’ve used rod riggers this year which actually aren’t bad but Id rather get the baits out of the prop wash and into clean water if possible. Marsh Tacky carbon poles with Taco Grand slam mounts is what I was thinking. Any thoughts on these or other riggers for my sized boat. Ease of use is key for me as its often my wife and I and a few other rookies. Usual suspects of pelagics for SC with Dolphin, Black Fin and Wahoo as our main targets.

I know Phin personally, and while I’d like to slap him around for some of his college football commentary this year, Marsh Tacky is a dang good looking product. I don’t think you could go wrong with that setup at all. If I had to do it again, I’d do exactly what you are suggesting. And not a lot of people do it, but we’ve also had good success with adding a center rigger on a smaller CC like you have. Big fish always come on the long rigger; everyone knows that! Something to think about.

www.baturinphotography.com

That sounds like a great set up. You will be very pleased

quote:
Originally posted by tridogs

Im going into my second year of offshore fishing and want to add some outriggers to my 27 cc. We’ve used rod riggers this year which actually aren’t bad but Id rather get the baits out of the prop wash and into clean water if possible. Marsh Tacky carbon poles with Taco Grand slam mounts is what I was thinking. Any thoughts on these or other riggers for my sized boat. Ease of use is key for me as its often my wife and I and a few other rookies. Usual suspects of pelagics for SC with Dolphin, Black Fin and Wahoo as our main targets.

You would have the right set-up and shouldn’t ever need to change things out. Marsh Tacky is a high-quality product backed by a high-integrity man. I have enjoyed my set-up on my Pioneer 197sf and the product and customer service have been out of this world. I’d try to get a gaff thrown into the mix as a Christmas bonus package if it were me, :wink:.

Any issues with tangles when running? Im 5’6 and can just barely take a rod out of the rod holder on the ttop so any issues of having to climb up on the gunwales when deploying them?

Thanks for the input

quote:
Originally posted by tridogs

Any issues with tangles when running? Im 5’6 and can just barely take a rod out of the rod holder on the ttop so any issues of having to climb up on the gunwales when deploying them?

Thanks for the input

Just take me with you and I’ll deploy them for you :wink:

“mr keys”

i just got a great black friday deal a set of 17 foot outriggers with a 13 ft center rigger preordered for 1000… he has his website up and running now. http://www.marshtackycarbon.com/

Thanks for all the compliments, guys. Very rewarding to take a break every now and then and see that kind of ■■■■■■■■!

http://www.sustainablefishing.org/

www.joinrfa.com

Luke 8:22-25