Outriggers

Im running a 23’ seahunt and am only able to get out to the ledge maybe 2-3 times a year, if that. I still really want some outriggers because we frequently fish the boat in florida and plan to do a lot more.

Any suggestions on best “bang for the buck” outriggers? Boat is a seahunt 229 with a hard t top.

I’d got po man outriggers

Homemade planer boards attached with string trimmer cord, plastic shower rings, rubber bands to the braid line

ain’t nothing cheaper

I have 2sets of gimmble but outriggers cheap if you are interested.

I might be interested in a set? What size are the bases?

RBF

Robinette’s Bend Forward

My first outriggers were bamboo poles lashed to the t top. My first teaser was a bunch of beer/soda cans lined up on a wire with a boat fender at the end. I made my own lures from 2oz weights with fiber from old lawn chairs wrapped like a sea witch. I liked rooster feathers . I caught plenty of fish. I mostly used butterflied mullet , bonito & cuda strip

Most lures are made to catch fishermen

I met Blair Wiggins at the landing (Charlotte harbor) several years ago. The camera boat was running late…
He give me a big old bag of stuff.
He was talking about all the different gear he uses on the show. And how sales increase the next day on that particular gear he used on the show.
The guide he was fishing with turned us on to some good spots.
I haven’t seen the show in a couple years. I think Dick’s was one of his big sponsors they carried his signature rods.

I think Eagle Claw manufactured his line of rods? Pretty sure they’ve been discontinued.