Over The Pond--Long Live The King

Oldest Protestant Church

Biggest Catholic Church

1 Like

Notre Dame

If you look closely at the stained glass, beginning on the lower left of the panels and moving right and up they all tell a story you know, just look close

Also, most of these were old when Christopher Columbus was in diapers

1 Like

More Notre Dame stuff, not the school in Indiana

That must be quite a humbling experience!

It’s truly awe inspiring

As per usual, the pics simply cant do it justice, ,especially mine, lol

Is the Notre Dame still being rebuilt anywhere or is all that complete?

This is the Notre Dame in Straussburg France, not Paris

The one in Paris is off limits for now

I should have quallified that, my bad

Katie and I honeymooned in Paris and were able to see Notre Dame in all its glory before it burned.

Incredible pictures!

The view from the top of Notre Dame:

And one morning I let her sleep in and I walked down to catch the early morning light…truly a humbling experience.

1 Like

I was also captivated by the stained glass works there. Mindblowing.

1 Like

I was taking the picture below when an older French couple, in their late 70’s Id guess, came up and wanted me to know they were eternally grateful for us peeling Germany off their arses when they kids.

They said it had altered their lives in ways I could never understand, and their gratitude stuck with me as much as anything I saw over here.

Good times, especially after seeing signs of past urban warfare all over the city (next pictures)

2 Likes

Some art stuff

1 Like

The stained glass windows in some of the old cathedrals of Europe will take your breath away. The age of some are apparent by them actually being concaved in from the hundreds of years of wind blowing against them. Also i was amazed walking up some of the entry steps and seeing the stones eroded from foot traffic. Made me wonder just how many people had passed where I stepped over the centuries.

EF, the architecture there is beyond belief. How in the world does anyone even come up with that??

Awesome pics!!

But, no bull fights?? Or running??

Thanks
NN

I was supposed to fly into Amsterdam, but Philly airport was closed, so I was re-routed thru Madrid where I had about a day layover. I could have sat in the back of the plane and got to Amsterdam on time, but I’d paid for a nicer seat so we spent the night in Madrid.

The flight from Madrid was the next morning at 10am to Amsterdam, so there was a chance to run with bulls, but that meant having to take a train 5 or 6 hours to get to Amsterdam in time to get the boat.

I hope to do it someday, but I’d have to pick a good spot to hide after a very short run, lol

awesome trip man!

The architecture just unbelievable.
Hell nowadays with all the modern tools and all. No companies can’t even put a window in straight