Overturned boat w/3 person rescue last weekend

Does anyone know what happened with the over turned boat in bulls bay last weekend with 3 person rescued? I heard it happened but no details how. Just curious so I don’t make same mistake.

@flywatt , maybe you’ve gotten word.

I was working the call desk when it came in. I’m not sure how it capsized. We spun the bird for this case but we didn’t get there first. Park service out of Garrison Landing got on scene and effected the rescue. I didn’t pry for details, just glad everyone was okay.
Weather wasn’t terrible, so I can only speculate. Bulls Bay is tricky, especially if you aren’t familiar with it. Lot of surprise oyster beds and it gets shallow real quick out there. I spent two years learning it and it still makes me uncomfortable when the tide starts to ebb. Best way to learn it is to follow the ferry out, drop a track line so you can find your way back in. Stay close to bull Island. You can work the grass line at the edge of bulls Bay but get out when the tide starts to ebb. You’ll probably bump a few oyster beds anyway. If you get stuck out there, nobody’s coming to get your boat until the next high tide and you’ll have to pay the tow companies if you’re not insured. Coast Guard boats won’t go back there, all we can do is bring the helicopter for situations deemed distress.

4 Likes

Thank you, appreciate the feedback

1 Like

Is this the boat in the creek coming in to the North end of Bull’s Bay? I didn’t see it on Sunday, but saw it there the rest of the week.

1 Like

That’s a big boat
If it’s the big white one on the right going out on north end

1 Like

I think they hired Boat US to recover it but I’m not sure.