oyster roast .ical - computer stuff + oyster stuff

Hi -

I am working with some folks to make a subscribable calendar of oyster roasts in Charleston.

If you are having an oyster roast you would like to promote, send me a message and we will put it on there for free to get the word out. You can open a link in Outlook and it will subscribe and get updates to your phone/ gmail calendar/ etc. if you have the know-how.

Anyone know of some coming up soon I can add? Let me know -

Thanks -

Matt

Don’t forget Black Angus and I still cater Oyster roasts / Lowcountry boils / crab cracks and fish fries!

PROUD YANKEE

Oyster Baron

NMFS = No More Fishing Season

“Back home we got a taxidermy man. He gonna have a heart attack when he see what I brung him”

quote:
Don't forget Black Angus and I still cater Oyster roasts / Lowcountry boils / crab cracks and fish fries!

Oyster Baron, please give me your input on this. My son and I are downsizing and branching out our boat building to smaller projects, such as seafood catering boats, bookshelf and display case boats, stuff like that. We’ve got one prototype almost finished for seafood catering. It’s sized to fit on a standard 6’ catering table, frames spaced to hold standard size food pans, deep enough for steam pans and sterno burners, or for plenty of ice and beer. Drain holes and transom drain plug for water, probably with a hose fitting. Slotted rub rails holds oyster knives and other utensils. Small shelf on transom for condiments. How can we improve it?

Still a work in progress, but after we get our prototype perfected we plan to build at least 6 of them. The next will look better. My son also manages a catering crew in Savannah that handles many of the movie films and other big events. We are going to build some to sell and some to rent out for weddings or whatever. The rub rail on this one is going to be black, maybe tomorrow.

Any and all input appreciated. Design and needs flexible. Colors flexible. I’m flexible. It can says Sellsfish Seafood on the side :smiley:

Edit: Sorry for the thread topic hijack [:I]

No prob larry!

Call it the gravy boat.

How much does it weight? IE does it require a Paul + Son to move?

I had you figured as a general Motors man

“I am not involved in this thread, only helping Fred understand who he is dealing with.”

quote:
I had you figured as a general Motors man

Never, got 2- 2005 Yotas with 500,000 miles between them. One alternator failure.

quote:
Call it the gravy boat.

Not bad. I have to think of something to call it.

quote:
How much does it weight? IE does it require a Paul + Son to move?

Only about 40 pounds. I can easily pick it up and carry it and Paul would make 3 of me. He could carry them 2 at a time :smiley:

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

Larry, I know y’all can make some cool stuff: Check this out:

In Google Images, search for “boat crib”, “boat table”, etc. and you’ll see tons of ideas.

If you’re lucky enough to be fishing, you’re lucky enough.

Yeah, thanks. We’ve looked at many pictures on Google. I can build about anything. The question is, is there a market for it and can I sell it for enough to make it worthwhile? That’s about a $3,000 baby crib!

This could be a crib too…:smiley:

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

Friday, November 13th is the 5th Annual Summerville Saltwater Anglers Charity Oyster Roast. A link to last years event is http://old.charlestonfishing.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=150721. $12,000 raised in 4 years and the event just keeps getting bigger and better!

Great time for a GREAT cause!

PS - Cracker that is one cool getup you have there!

Vinman
“Every saint has a past, every sinner a future”
www.summervillesaltwateranglers.com
2011 Carolina Skiff 178DLV
90 HP Honda

Vinman in the house. This is big

“I am not involved in this thread, only helping Fred understand who he is dealing with.”

Amazing what that 12 large has done, Pod

Vinman
“Every saint has a past, every sinner a future”
www.summervillesaltwateranglers.com
2011 Carolina Skiff 178DLV
90 HP Honda