oyster roast steel tray help - follow up question

quote:
Originally posted by sea tonic

OK, so I’m going to buy a 3 ft x 3 ft steel plate from Field’s ornamental on cross county road. Another question for you all…how thick should it be?

1/8" would be plenty, 1/4" would take a lifetime to burn out, but 3’ X 3’ X 1/4" is gonna weigh about 90#.

I feel if you go less than 1/8" you would have warping issues if your fire gets a little hot.

Don’t rule out a salvage yard and look for a sheet of stainless

See if your vendor has a metal break and have him turn up the sides an inch and cross the bottom of a thinner sheet mabe 10 ga stainless!

quote:
Originally posted by sea tonic

OK, so I’m going to buy a 3 ft x 3 ft steel plate from Field’s ornamental on cross county road. Another question for you all…how thick should it be?

This would be a good size hood, and it’s stainless steel:

https://www.ebay.com/i/123134962389?chn=ps

Oyster roast flux capacitor pimp’n…

RBF

If you are ever in the upstate, I have a few sheet of 4x8 stainless about 16 ga I’ll give you 1/2 a sheet!

Get them to add small cleats to each side. Being able to lift the plate and move it will be something you do

After being released, a lot of fish die, but a lot of them live also.

Bought the steel and was able to put it use this past weekend! Thanks to all for the help!!!

My daddy is to use his old blue jeans…and would laugh and say…see I always told ya I was smoking hot #128522;

miss’n fish’n

212 SEAHUNT CC
Sea Squirt 16

That’s nice! Old school for sure! Kind of a big fire though…:smiley: