Pallet's Report from Marathon day 2 pics! updated

My buddy Pallet loaded up the 262 Scout and headed to the Keys for a week of diving, fishing, drinking, and drinking. Did I mention they planned on consuming numerous cold ones?? He did not take a computer but figured the cf.com crowd wanted to know how the bite was south. (again cold ones involved) So here’s his report as told over the phone.

Day1
They found some decent water 15 miles out in 700 foot. (must be nice) Said the birds were working and they deployed a spread. Tried some of the stuff the locals suggested with little luck then went back to some tips he learned fishing on a charter out of Georgetown.:wink: Big bull piled on the JW/captain ED bait and the fight was on! 23 minutes later fish is boated. Caught a few more then headed back in to celebrate their achievement with a few more cold ones. I think they are going again tomorrow if the hang over is not too bad. :smiley:

One to many…:dizzy_face:

Day2
After recovering from yesterdays hangover the crew heads out for another day. Bite was slower. The fish are getting smaller but… on a day like today who cares about the fish.:smiley:

I am not sure the crew was focused on running the spread.

Who knows what tomorrow will bring, maybe they can influence the lady folk into consuming a few cold ones. The pictures may get REAL interesting then!:wink:

Behind this helm stands a sickness that not even a women can cure.

Looks like someone took gaff lessons from chunky dunk

Way to go guys!
Big bull and not having to go 60 mi out to get it Priceless.
enjoy the trip…
was that guy in the tub the catch of the day, don’t see any gaff holes must have died during the fight or just gave up :slight_smile:
I’m sure those new speakers are jamming the whole time.

“Destiny” 35ft
Contender and “Scintilla” 20ft Keywest, Manning SC

Ever hear the one about passing out drunk and waking up in a bath tub full of ice and no kidneys?

quote:
Originally posted by crabtrap

Ever hear the one about passing out drunk and waking up in a bath tub full of ice and no kidneys?

yeah, it happened to my a nephew of a friend of a friend of a friend, of a friend of mine. :smiley:

I’m not going to call any names, but I think the fella in the tub is the same one holding the rod in the picture

FYI – Drowning in the bathtub is one of the leading causes of infant deaths in this country…

I think he took one too many full pulls!

" All Rise" 31 Contender

quote:
Originally posted by crabtrap

It was much worse than that! He woke up in the tub with no ice and a hot empty can of beer!!

Behind this helm stands a sickness that not even a women can cure.

He’s probably been stressed out at work lately.

“Double Play”
26’ Glacier Bay
Honda 150’s

I hear he manufactures whirlpool tubs at his job. Maybe he’s just checking out the competition.

PS: I think Evan Williams may have “tucked him in:smiley:”

“Double Play”
26’ Glacier Bay
Honda 150’s

IF i had been there there would have been gaff holes in the slingers!:wink:

" All Rise" 31 Contender

O yea double play you reconize that reel in the top picture? take a good look at it cause it might not look the same when you see it again! 700 miles is alot a highway!:wink:

" All Rise" 31 Contender

Time is never wasted when you’re wasted all the time.