Palmetto Sportfishers Saltwater Fishing Club

In January of this year, I started a Saltwater Fishing Club based out of the Charleston, Goose Creek, Moncks Corner and Summerville areas. When we first started the club, I was suprised that we had 19 guys show up and join the club. Since then we have added 3 more members to give us a total of 22 members. We are currently looking for more anglers that are interested in joining.

Just a little about us… We hold a Club Meeting every other month at a different members house which is followed by a Club tournament the next day. Our members are spread out throughout the lowcountry, so our meetings will accomodate everyone. Everything we do is voted on. This club isnt run by anyone. We do have a Pres., Vice Pres and Treasurer, but our only powers are to break ties. Fishing is a sport for us, and is a time to relax, so the last thing we want is someone calling the shots.

With that being said, our tournament target species are voted on, as well as the weigh in times and location.
We also have a side, yearly tournament in which you accrue points throughout the year. Winner takes all at the end of the year. The club money is very well managed by our treasurer, and we like to give back to the members. We made Club T-shirts and decals, and the club is sponsoring a family day, where the beer and food is covered.

We are a professional, and very well organized club. If you are interested, take a look at our website http://www.palmettosportfishers.com and read over the bylaws. We have a meeting this Friday and a tournament this saturday.

New prospective members have to attend 1 meeting and 1 tournament to be considered for membership. The existing members then vote on a new member to join.

PS: We arent a snotty club. We are average guys who like to fish and have a good time. FYI, We tend to drink a few beers at our meetings.

Shoot me an email and I can give you more information.

Thanks,
Brandon
reevesbrandon@hotmail.com

2004 Seacraft 21 ft