Par 3 Golf Course

Looking for one to play while down in Chas next week with family.

A search online only brought up one that specifically said it was a par 3. Forgot the name, but it was in Monks Corner, which is fine, but would like to find one closer to Mt P/IOP area if there is one??

Nothing in that area. I would suggest driving to the Charleston Muni course on James Island. It is a nice course, flat, and fairly easy and as cheap as a par 3. Not much in Charleston for Par 3, not much anywhere really. The recession put a hurting on lots of courses, and those went away to build houses.

Charleston National has a nice twilight deal that you can get a cart and play till dark pretty cheap. Tough course though, but has a few really cool par 3s over marsh.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

It’s not the cost really, but for the group we’ll have, a par 3 is just much better suited for us.

Sounds like we’ll just be taking a ride to MC. Thanks for the reply.

'07 198 DLX Carolina Skiff
DF90 Suzuki

I thought there was a par 3 in Hanahan. Eagle Landing off of Hwy 52/Rivers Ave., I think. Is it no longer operating?

j

Nope, never mind. I looked it up and it was shutdown by the HOA a few years ago.

j

Eagle landing I pretty sure was a Caribbean course where you were supposed to play a limited flight ball. Which I never had it played like a par 3 with a normal ball. Been closed awhile I think.

Muni walks good

Some fun characters there too

The only problem with Muni is that cars keep hitting my golf balls with their windshields. And they honk and are really rude about it…

quote:
Originally posted by skinneej

The only problem with Muni is that cars keep hitting my golf balls with their windshields. And they honk and are really rude about it…

I laughed pretty good at that. I had a ball land right behind my Tahoe the other day. If I was going 10mph slower I’d need a new sunroof.

quote:
Originally posted by striperskiff

It’s not the cost really, but for the group we’ll have, a par 3 is just much better suited for us.

Sounds like we’ll just be taking a ride to MC. Thanks for the reply.

'07 198 DLX Carolina Skiff
DF90 Suzuki

Cypress Point
239 Cypress Gardens Rd, Moncks Corner, SC 29461

Their website is down, but they do have a Facebook presence.

John

15’ Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

quote:
Originally posted by JiNative888
quote:
Originally posted by skinneej

I laughed pretty good at that. I had a ball land right behind my Tahoe the other day. If I was going 10mph slower I’d need a new sunroof.

I was playing at Shadowmoss one day with a buddy on that one hole where the main road comes in to your right. He hit a big high swooping drive that started to drift right at the same time as a Cadillac was coming up the drive. It was like poetry in motion watching them get closer, and closer, and closer. Finally ball just bashes into the roof and bounces away, buddy is freaking out. Car never stops. Either they were deaf, or just thought hell with it…golf course. 1 in a million shot.

It’s hard to hit a moving target with a golf ball! Have you ever been to a driving range and tried to hit the cart that picks up the balls! It does get hit time to time and that’s why it has screening around it!:imp:

it aint that hard.

you get a low iron and hit a knockdown swing from back in your stance, kinda like they do on those break the glass challenges on the golf channel.

which brings up another thing. those hot women playing on the golf channel - that’s some made up for tv pretend stuff right there. i used to spend alotta time on poor people golf courses and there were never ever women like that.

That’s cause your playn those low end, Walmart courses! Move on up! Ya get what ya pay for!:smiley:

I also know people that have been driving down Docksite rd on Edisto when their back window all the sudden explodes from a golf ball. I can’t imagine the amount of poo that would come out if that happened to me. Luckily if I slice those holes I usually clear the road and put it in someone’s carport :slight_smile:

quote:
Originally posted by Edistodaniel

I was playing at Shadowmoss one day with a buddy on that one hole where the main road comes in to your right. He hit a big high swooping drive that started to drift right at the same time as a Cadillac was coming up the drive. It was like poetry in motion watching them get closer, and closer, and closer. Finally ball just bashes into the roof and bounces away, buddy is freaking out. Car never stops. Either they were deaf, or just thought hell with it…golf course. 1 in a million shot.

There ain’t a fish left alive in Shadowmoss because of me hitting them…

That being said… I’ve hit cars, houses, a canadian goose, and the same Chinese guy twice in the same day (never understood what he was yelling at me, but he sounded upset)… The bad thing about that was he was finishing up on the hole behind me which was almost dead right to where I was tee’ing off… His reflexes were pretty good though. I’ll give him that.

Was playing a course in the State of Washington, once and hit a deer! Off the tee you had to hit across a valley and land it on the other uphill side! Forest lining both sides! I hit the ball down the middle and about the time it got over the center, 2 doe broke from the woods at a dead run across the fairway! I hit the front doe. Bounced the ball off her back and probably got another 20 yards out of it! Deer never slowed down!:smiley:

Do this many fishermen really play golf:question:[:0] Or do you keep a fishing rod in your golf bag and fish the ponds?

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

That would be a good idea Larry! Some of those ponds are loaded with Bass! Mostly we try to fish our ball out:smiley:

quote:
Originally posted by Cracker Larry

Do this many fishermen really play golf:question:[:0] Or do you keep a fishing rod in your golf bag and fish the ponds?

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

When the wind is blowing!