Parking Downtown

So if you didn’t already know based off the name, I’m a student downtown and while I will have a parking spot for the semester, the tag does not activated until 8/19. Does anyone know of any places downtown that might be ok to park at?

“When men yield up the privilege of thinking, the last shadow of liberty quits the horizon.” - Thomas Paine

I always use the public garages when I have to go downtown.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

There used to be a few spots down close to the battery that weren’t metered or zone control. I don’t know if they’re still there or not.

Boat drinks, Waitress I need 2 more boat drinks!

I used to park in the ghetto on Ashe st and then ride a bike to campus. Meter maids don’t care about that part of town.

Our daughters senior year she was a ways off campus with no sticker.A bike often worked but some days there wasn’t anything safe and reliable but to hit the garage and pay what it cost.

Having worked downtown for several years now. You are kind of screwed.

That being said, as Too Busy mentioned, the battery is free 24/7. Not sure where you are living or how close you need to be from your vehicle, but if you have P tags, you can park in loading zones during business hours (anyone can use them after business hours).

What I started doing, more times than not, was let them ticket me a least once a day and wait for them to boot me. I know you are laughing, but, it actually does make sense. The last boot that I got was $550. Ok, so the way I look at it, I parked for roughly 6 months, Downtown Charleston, for $550. It’s $16 a day in the garage. That’s a little over a month. Most won’t choose this route, but it worked for me.

j

17 Malibu CC
88 'rude

quote:
What I started doing, more times than not, was let them ticket me a least once a day and wait for them to boot me. I know you are laughing,

That’s funny right there :smiley::smiley:

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

PM sent. I can help you out.