Part stores

Really hate going to the parts store anymore nowadays. You can’t go in and ask for a part without them wanting to know what every detail of the car. Surprised they don’t ask the color. Back in the day playing with race cars and driving old junkers up and down the road I was in the parts store all the time. Learned a lot from the counter guys.
Went Sunday to get some points for the bike. I go in AutoZone.there’s 3 young ladies at the counter. I tell them I need a set of points and condenser. I get a blank look from all three of them.You need a set of what? I tell them look up maybe a 70 Nova with a 230-6 cylinder. They’re still lost. I end up going across the street to advanced. Pretty much the same reaction. Fortunately an old fart walks out of the back says I got you covered. He says well let’s look here at a 69 Chevy pickup truck. Boom there it is.

I am fragile. Not like a flower. But like a bomb.

22 life’s a day

Most people at those chain stores are worthless. If it isn’t in that computer they have no clue.

[navy]Sportsman Masters 207 Yamaha F150[/navy]

I feel your pain. We’ve got Jeff at Dixie Auto parts here in Walterboro… He is the owner and there most every day. He’ll actually get out a micrometer and measure a seal for you and mostly get you the right thing. Plus he has some good counter guys and girls. Old tractor parts, racing stuff, old cars, lawnmower, Big rigs, … Real Parts counter people are getting harder and harder to find. Anymore it’s just as easy to pre search on the WWW and then give them what part number you need.

The only time I go to any of the local chain shops is if I have to have to part right then. Otherwise, I order everything from Rockauto.

"Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It's Hand", but really, who cares?