Pawleys/Gtown to Beaufort

Anyone ever run this trip? Some details would be great. I’m wondering how many nautical miles. Thanks
P.S. If anyone has info on the trip from Chucktown to Beaufort that could help as well.

I’m doing chucktown to HH this weekend, so I might have something for you next week. We are staying at Harbourtown Marina Saturday night and coming back in on Sunday… hoping for some good weather.

“Getaway”
2008 Sea Fox 197 CC
2008 Suzuki 140

Great. Are you going via the waterway or Hugging the coast?

1973 22ft Mako CC

Going via the waterway. We are planning to leave around 8:00 Saturday morning.

“Getaway”
2008 Sea Fox 197 CC
2008 Suzuki 140

Anythng to report Duckdog? Hope it was a safe trip.

1973 22ft Mako CC

Yeah, very good trip. We had AWESOME weather for the trip down on Saturday and back on Sunday. Took between 5 and 6 hours from County Farm Landing to Harbourtown Marina. A lot of no wake zones make it for a slow trip at times, but we were in no hurry and had a blast. Water was a little rough in Port Royal Sound on the way down, but everything was smooth as glass on the way back. Used right at 60 gallons of fuel round trip. The folks at Harbortown Marina were great. We never left the area right around the marina because there was plenty to do right there. We ate at the Crazy Crab and the food was either awesome or I was starving. I’d definitely do it again, but I’d make it a 3 day weekend next time. Saw hundreds of porpoises which kept the ladies entertained. It was a great trip. As long as you rlot your course before hand and you have good weather, it is a really easy trip and a good ride. When you come into St. Helena Sound, make sure you are following the markers - it gets shallow a few places across there. Same thing for port Royal Sound, but if you’re staying in Beaufort, you won’t even have to go there. There is really no “on the way” place to stop once you get past The Wappoo Cut until you get to Beaufort. You can stop at Edisto Marina, but it’s a little ways off the course. if you have any questions, let me know. We are already planning to do it again next year.

“Crawfish”
2008 Sea Fox 197 CC
2008 Suzuki 140

That sounds like a great trip. I’m thinking aftr business slows here at the beach we may try it. Where did you stay, and if I may ask, what was the price of the accomidations?

1973 22ft Mako CC

We stayed at the Marriot Resort at Sea Pines. Very nice place. It was more like a condo / townhouse than an apartment.It was only a couple hundred yards from the marina. It was around $315 for the night, and the boat slip was $60 for the night. We split the cost between 3 couples. I would think it would be cheaper later in the year also.

“Crawfish”
2008 Sea Fox 197 CC
2008 Suzuki 140