Pawn shop information

Got a range of items most age from 35 to 60 years old was thinking about taking to a pawn shop in or around Charleston area.

Any recommendations?

Ain’t had any luck selling or giving away other stuff on line.

Thanks

1 Like

Have a friend that owned an antique shop downtown Charleston. Finally had to close. Property got so expensive and the younger people seem to prefer new electronics and mod deco furniture. . Antique buyers and sellers are becoming endangered species. The pawn shops in the area are struggling to make a living

Since this is a fishing site, you need to go see Chumlee…

I like to look around in a Pawn shop from time to time, but seldom buy anything. Overpriced used stuff. Maybe use a pawn shop for some kind of appraisal, but I would not settle for selling to one. I’ve never seen a pawn shop give a fair price for an item. They are in it strictly for themselves, not saying that is a bad thing, just saying you aint getting a good deal selling to one.

I acquired some old gold jewelry once and figured it would be worth more as jewelry than the gold value. They wouldn’t even give me gold weight price. Sold it to a local jewelry store.

I like old stuff. Let’s see what you got.

Love those old hand cut dovetail joints and the peg corners. I used to captain a boat for a pawn shop guy. . They deal with desperate people and turn a substantial profit. King Street in downtown Charleston used to be the center of the Carolina antique biz. It’s almost all gone.

Facebook marketplace and Craigslist work well today

Bunch of old farts on here. Look out you’ll be getting selfies…

The formula for dealing with pawn shops is expect half the value and pay half their asking price(or less)!