pecans are starting to drop

agreed “peecan”…I also remember growing up cracking them, one against the other, from Grandma’s peecan trees in Abbeville…Grandpa even had one of those round wire contraptions that you could use to pick them up without having to bend over…very fond memories…

The Morris Island Lighthouse www.savethelight.org

Yes sir. My Papaw used to pay me to pick up puh-kahns (although I’m not sure I had any say in the matter). That might have been my first paid job ever now that I think about it. I’d go out in the back yard with a big brown paper grocery bag and pick them up.

Mom would pay me to pick dewberries for her. $1 a gallon as I recall. “Watch out for water mocassins!”

quote:
Originally posted by Bonzo72

agreed “peecan”…I also remember growing up cracking them, one against the other, from Grandma’s peecan trees in Abbeville…Grandpa even had one of those round wire contraptions that you could use to pick them up without having to bend over…very fond memories…

The Morris Island Lighthouse www.savethelight.org

http://www.lowcountrypregnancycenter.com/

quote:
Originally posted by Island Boy

Squirrels don’t give us a chance to get any… maybe time for squirrel pilau after first frost!

-Regulator 28fs
-Dolphin 18BC Pro
-Miscellaneous boats
“Everybody dances when shotgun sings” Stewart and Winfield

my trees put off so much each year im pretty sure i could fill a dump trailer, even after the squirrels and deer eat their fill.

Proline 201WA
Aloha 24ft pontoon (LooneyToon)
Old Town stern with 7.5 johnson

quote:
Originally posted by Fred67
quote:
Originally posted by Island Boy

Squirrels don’t give us a chance to get any… maybe time for squirrel pilau after first frost!

-Regulator 28fs
-Dolphin 18BC Pro
-Miscellaneous boats
“Everybody dances when shotgun sings” Stewart and Winfield

Acorn crop has not been so good but the pecans are doing great. Squirrels and Crows doing some major damage.

On the squirrels, don’t worry about first frost. Wolfs don’t hurt the meat…

and this is the the thoughts of a Hillary supporter and their true hate of anyone opposing her. of course this is not true…

quote:
Originally posted by poly ball

I believe Fred could witness trump pissing on an old homeless lady, and he’d tell him he’s doing a hell of a job, really soaking her.

yeah my acorns havent been doing that great this year. the crop was astonishing last year though.

Proline 201WA

We are fortunate that a nearby feed and seed has an oldtimy cracking machine. It a “B” to crack 250# of nuts by hand, it bad enough to pick them up. I use a pressure washer to push the into a pile and use a shovel

quote:
Originally posted by boatpoor

We are fortunate that a nearby feed and seed has an oldtimy cracking machine. It a “B” to crack 250# of nuts by hand, it bad enough to pick them up. I use a pressure washer to push the into a pile and use a shovel

I could see a backpack blower, but a pressure washer?! I want to see the video. :smiley:

250# of pecans is a lot! We did a 100# a couple of years ago and after they were cracked I let my neighbor pick them out for halve. I still have a bag or two in the freezer. They will keep for a long time frozen.

and this is the the thoughts of a Hillary supporter and their true hate of anyone opposing her. of course this is not true…

quote:
Originally posted by poly ball

I believe Fred could witness trump pissing on an old homeless lady, and he’d tell him he’s doing a hell of a job, really soaking her.

I make a pecan and pumpkin crunch dessert that is only better with more pecans. I had someone ask me to make them one the other day. I also like just cracking and snacking on them. Pecan and raisin filled cookies, one of my Dads favorites.

quote:
Originally posted by boatpoor

i built a little shaker that you just pile everything in, shake it around, and it drops most of the leaves and sticks and leaves mostly just pecans. i still havent found a good way to bulk crack them though.

Proline 201WA

acorns are finally starting to drop good, and the deer are gobbling them up.

Proline 201WA