pecans are starting to drop

What is your favorite way to use pecans?

My grandmother had some huge trees at her house when I was growing up. We would fill up brown paper grocery bags full of them. One of my favorite things to do was sit out there under one of her trees, crack one against another and eat them. We used them in all kinds of things, apple salads, stuffed celery, but I am still partial to a really good pecan pie.

pecan pie has to be favorite as well. i cant crack them quick enough when eating them right off the tree

Proline 201WA
Aloha 24ft pontoon (LooneyToon)
Old Town stern with 7.5 johnson

Pralines!!!

God bless the “ignore” function.

Butter, Salt and put 'em under the broiler until they start smelling yummy!

I cook the best pecan pies. Easier than mixing fiberglass and no itch.

The question I have is how you rednecks pronounce PEE CAN???

PE’CAUN

16’ Bonito 65 Johnson

Wife fries a few pieces on bacon in the cast iron until pretty well done then wipes a good bit of the grease up with a paper towel. After that toasts pecans in the leftover bacon grease plus a little butter. After a min of that the adds maple syrup along with cayenne pepper and crumbled bacon. Pecans end up candied with spicy bacon pieces stuck to them. Sometimes she will also add a little rum or bourbon. It’s pretty good stuff.

quote:

Bring one when you crash my garage, I’ll be the judge of how good it is.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

quote:
Originally posted by Edisto82

Wife fries a few pieces on bacon in the cast iron until pretty well done then wipes a good bit of the grease up with a paper towel. After that toasts pecans in the leftover bacon grease plus a little butter. After a min of that the adds maple syrup along with cayenne pepper and crumbled bacon. Pecans end up candied with spicy bacon pieces stuck to them. Sometimes she will also add a little rum or bourbon. It’s pretty good stuff.

that sounds interesting and yummy

Proline 201WA
Aloha 24ft pontoon (LooneyToon)
Old Town stern with 7.5 johnson

I love 'em any way under the sun. My go to: cracking and eating them all day in front of college football with a few cold beers.

quote:
Originally posted by Edisto82

Holy…sh*t. When does this happen?

puhKON.

quote:
Originally posted by mdaddy

http://www.lowcountrypregnancycenter.com/

When 23 gets back, he’ll post pics showing his pecan trees are bigger

Hilton Head - unofficial shark bite capital of the world.

Nice looking crop on the way

Double D.

Squirrels don’t give us a chance to get any… maybe time for squirrel pilau after first frost!

-Regulator 28fs
-Dolphin 18BC Pro
-Miscellaneous boats
“Everybody dances when shotgun sings” Stewart and Winfield

quote:
Originally posted by SurfFishLife

puhKON.

quote:
Originally posted by mdaddy

http://www.lowcountrypregnancycenter.com/

Had a girl I dated back in the day that was from Jawja, and we had the same discussion… She told me her grandmother said that “Pee Cans” are kept under the bed, and are not for pie…

RBF

quote:
Originally posted by PeaPod

When 23 gets back, he’ll post pics showing his pecan trees are bigger

Hilton Head - unofficial shark bite capital of the world.

Guess he’s away for a few weeks testing his new nutcracker…

RBF

Makes good bait for deer, crows, hogs and squirls!

quote:
Originally posted by Island Boy

Squirrels don’t give us a chance to get any… maybe time for squirrel pilau after first frost!

-Regulator 28fs
-Dolphin 18BC Pro
-Miscellaneous boats
“Everybody dances when shotgun sings” Stewart and Winfield

Acorn crop has not been so good but the pecans are doing great. Squirrels and Crows doing some major damage.

On the squirrels, don’t worry about first frost. Wolfs don’t hurt the meat…

and this is the the thoughts of a Hillary supporter and their true hate of anyone opposing her. of course this is not true…

quote:
Originally posted by poly ball

I believe Fred could witness trump pissing on an old homeless lady, and he’d tell him he’s doing a hell of a job, really soaking her.