penn conflict vs spinfisher

I’m looking for a good offshore spinning reel. I’ve got a Diawa that’s OK…capacity is a little weak. I love my Shimano Torium baitcast, but it’s a little heavy after a full day of pulling bsb off the bottom.

What do you guys like?

“I am constantly amazed at the stupidity of the general public.”
~my dad

Equipment:
190cc Sea Pro w/130 Johnson
1- 20 year old (boy of leisure)
1 - 17 year old (fishing maniac)
1 - wife (The Warden)

ECFC

Okuma Trio S, stout little reel, well made. I love mine.

As for the Clash, I love Rock the Casbah

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

Well played, sir!

Earn it everyday

If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace.

Never shoot a large caliber man with a small caliber bullet.

Claim,
Shimano Baitrunners are where its at. I have 4 and they’re loaded with powerpro and a 50 yard mono topshot. You can get something fancier than the baitrunner if you wish but it’s a no frills fishing reel that will do just about anything. Try and find a big baitrunner long cast if you can.

Capt. R. Killin
“Day Tripper”
Shamrock 20 cuddy
Ford 351W

I like the Spinfisher bc they are sealed and I like fishing from the beach, the 5000 and 6000 are my go to’s, also have an 8000 for shark fishing.

quote:
Originally posted by Walkman

I use a Penn Pursuit II and a Conflict, both 8000’s and have dunked them many times. Freshwater rinse when I get home and a greasing/oiling and they work just fine. And they are still made in the US, in Pennsylvania.

Penn does still make some reels in the US but they are limited to the International series, Torque series and the US Senator. Most of their other offerings are Chinese made, including the ones you mentioned.

I recently had an issue with my boca where I had to return it under warranty. Don’t get me wrong, I’m grateful to get a brand new reel but it gave me an uneasy feeling. Trust is an important factor in choosing equipment IMO. For the record, my buddy has owned several quantums (which I’ve used often… part of the reason I bought one) with very little issues, but it was def a bummer for a brand new reel to only last 5 trips…

I’m also not wild about penn stuff for similar reasons as above.

I’ve never had issues with shimano reels. Getting either a spheros or aaragosa this week.

I owned a Sedona for over 5 years before it broke on me and that was with heavy use in the surf and the like

“mr keys”

thanks for all the input, it’s been pretty educational