Persimmon Trees

quote:
Originally posted by DoubleN

Just curious, what do you do with chestnuts?

Thanks,
NN

www.joinrfa.org/

Just guessing but I’d say they plant em for deer or turkey, or both. :wink:

“If Bruce Jenner can keep his wiener and be called a woman, I can keep my firearms and be considered disarmed.”

quote:
Originally posted by Cracker Larry

[quote]

My last purchase was 100 blueberry plants in 3 gallon pots, so I drove to Tifton, GA with a trailer to pick them up. They were running a first class operation at that time, very impressive! The plants have done excellent and make more berries than we can use or give away. My wife sold about 15 gallons last year.

I’ve also ordered bare root pecans and bare root grape vines from them. And a peach tree. The grapes do excellent, more than we can eat, the pecans not so much, but it had more to do with weather and care than plant quality.

I think it’s a state law if you Live in the country in Georgia, you have to have a couple of peacan trees on your property. :smiley:

As for the Blue berries, have you seen some of the new Blue Berry farms around Hazzlehurst? They have some HUGE new fields planted with blue berries.

I found the secret to my blueberry success is planting enough for the birds and me.

“If Bruce Jenner can keep his wiener and be called a woman, I can keep my firearms and be considered disarmed.”