Personal Finance Software

Years ago, I used to use Microsoft Money. It was awesome. Connected to my bank accounts online, downloaded all of my transactions and let me classify them {“Food”, “Fishing Tackle”, “Auto repairs”, “Fuel”, etc.}, so that I could set budgets, see spending trends, etc. It would let me track savings, checking accounts, 401K, etc.

But, they killed that product years ago… Anyone using something that they really love?

Yes, I know I can do a Google search, but I am looking for someone with personal experience using these to get some candid ■■■■■■■■.

http://www.gnucash.org/
Haven’t used it personally but heard it is good.

quote:
Originally posted by penfishn around every bend theres the promise of a treasure that can only be caught and seen in a blink.. and in your minds eye..and sometimes if youre lucky..in a picture..its there for just a minute...then gone..but hopefully once youve seen it it will remain in your heart forever. Theres nothing like the "Smell" and sounds of the creek. Its not just one thing that makes it familiar..its all of it.

I use Quick-books for my business and personal banking. I think it is a great product and have been using it since 2009. They have a personal banking product “Quicken” Which I’m sure is just as functional and user friendly as QB. it looks like they have a few different options to choose from.

http://quicken.intuit.com/

2003 Sea Fox 195 Bayfisher

I also use Quicken and Quick Books. Been using it for years. Happy with it.

Capt. Larry Teuton
Cracker Built Custom Boats

“Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made.” -Robert N. Rose

For personal finances, Mint.com has served me well. It’s web-based, backed by Intuit, and free. There are also iOS and Android apps available.

quote:
Originally posted by capntang

For personal finances, Mint.com has served me well. It’s web-based, backed by Intuit, and free. There are also iOS and Android apps available.

Started playing with that yesterday. I like free... We will see how it goes, I guess.