Philly cheese steak

I noticed that the sign at new Roadside Seafood Restaurant on James Island(in old Jasmine Thi building)advertises their philly cheese. This caught my eye because I absolutely love cheese steaks. Has anyone tried one from the Roadside truck or restaurant? Ever since DB’s closed down:frowning_face:my cheese steak experience hasn’t been the same. I frequently get them from Paisanos and they are pretty dang good but not as good as DB’s was. Surf Bar on Folly has a pretty good one too. Once again, it’s not as good as DB’s. I am not sure why DB’s closed b/c there was always a crowed in there during lunch and the phillys were amazing. I used to go three times a week most weeks! Anyway, If there is anywhere else on JI that has good cheese steaks I would love to hear about it.

• I’d rather be a free man in my grave than living as a puppet or a slave.

[/URL]

loggerheads on folly also has a good one as well as the hideaway on harborview road…and on another topic…have you tried the little greek restaurant(odyssey") that sits behind the phone store in the wall greens shopping center(same one as mundos)…love that place!

miss’n fish’n

212 SEAHUNT CC
Sea Squirt 16

Wrong area, but Steel City Pizza has a great cheese steak. The one I eat at is up on Dorchester Rd near Ashley Phos

… The Cross of Christ is the anvil upon which the hammer of evil wore itself out.

phillies on ladson road is the only place around here that comes close to authentic.

quote:
Originally posted by jughed

phillies on ladson road is the only place around here that comes close to authentic.

I must test this hypothesis.

… The Cross of Christ is the anvil upon which the hammer of evil wore itself out.

I think Italian Bistro II in Sangaree, is better than Philly’s. Philly’s microwaves the rolls to thaw them and the ends get tough as hell. A large at Bistro is only like $7.99

PROUD YANKEE

Oyster Baron

NMFS = No More Fishing Season

“Back home we got a taxidermy man. He gonna have a heart attack when he see what I brung him”

But Phillies has Tasty Cakes:stuck_out_tongue: You eat one of them and you’ll throw Little Debbie’s in the trash! Try the Butterscotch Krimpets:smiley:

quote:
Originally posted by Redfish_matt
quote:
Originally posted by jughed

I must test this hypothesis.

You must. I am a past 23 year resident of Philly - their steaks could hold there own in the city.

““I think Italian Bistro II in Sangaree, is better than Philly’s.””

Yes Sir, I agree.

Used to run to ‘Philly’s’ weekly.
btw, their belly buster hurts!

Not in JI, but a friend of mine from NYC has a little place on Spruill, just down from the duck pond called Port City Pizza. You SHOULD try their philly. VERY VERY good!

j

17 Malibu CC
88 'rude

I have NEVER been to Philly, but the old Sonny’s on St Andrews Blvd had trhe best that I ever had…

and if you through georgetown…famous pizza and subs across from the ice house…mmmmmmmmmm

miss’n fish’n

212 SEAHUNT CC
Sea Squirt 16

thanks guys and penny. I will give these place a shot.

• I’d rather be a free man in my grave than living as a puppet or a slave.

[/URL]

Jersey Mikes cheese steak sammich is almost the same as Geno’s in Philly. Yeah, I know it’s sacrilege to say that, but it true.

“I am constantly amazed at the stupidity of the general public.”
~my dad

Equipment:
190cc Sea Pro w/130 Johnson
1- 19 year old (boy of leisure)
1 - 1 year old (fishing maniac)
1 - wife (The Warden)

ECFC

quote:
Originally posted by penfishn

and if you through georgetown…famous pizza and subs across from the ice house…mmmmmmmmmm

miss’n fish’n

212 SEAHUNT CC
Sea Squirt 16

Their “Super Sub” is the best sammich in the whole wide world. Pour on lots of that yellow sauce. God I miss going to Georgetown and not getting one of those delicious sammiches.

“I am constantly amazed at the stupidity of the general public.”
~my dad

Equipment:
190cc Sea Pro w/130 Johnson
1- 19 year old (boy of leisure)
1 - 1 year old (fishing maniac)
1 - wife (The Warden)

ECFC

Philly’s, has an Italian Sub they call the Belly Buster! 17 inch’s long and you can’t eat it all! Eat half and save the other half for when you wake up from your nap! You need a nap after eating 1/2 [:0]:smiley:
http://phillyscheesesteaks.com/site/our-menu/

quote:
Originally posted by NorthChuckTiger

Not in JI, but a friend of mine from NYC has a little place on Spruill, just down from the duck pond called Port City Pizza. You SHOULD try their philly. VERY VERY good!

j

17 Malibu CC
88 'rude

X2