Photo Effect

I can’t find an example, so I bet this is impossible but I saw a some pics on here a while back that had some kind of effect applied that made the contrast of a photo much greater (may not be contrast) and the colors kind of electrifying. Not sure how to explain it, but several photos by one boat across many posts were that way. The blues were super brilliant and the whites in contrast were much brighter. “Electrifying” is all I can think of to describe it.

1. Anyone have a clue what I’m talking about?
  2. If yes, what is the effect called?

BG

technique is called “oversaturation”

another one ive seen a lot on the offshore side is “HDR” high dynamic range. Painkiller is using this technique on these pics :

http://old.charlestonfishing.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=162641

HDR is cool but it can be really awful if overdone. Try not to let the color saturation and dynamic range outshine your subject.

HDR is fantastic if done correctly. Most that I see trying it are a little overdone, but I usually love the effect.

May all your favorite bands stay together…

That’s exactly it. Thank you guys!

BG

I agree with 23… Its an interesting effect, but when its blown out so everything has halos, I’m not a fan.

2000 SeaPro 180CC w/ Yammy 115 2 stroke
1966 13’ Boston Whaler w/ Merc 25 4 stroke “Flatty”
www.ralphphillipsinshore.com

… nothing to add to discussion, but I found it funny to see the picture of the temple in Nara (with a HUGE Buddha) that I took a picture of just two weeks ago…

Maybe, just once, someone will call me “sir” without adding, “you’re making a scene.”
(Homer Simpson)

1988 17’ Seaswirl Luckydutch I (sold)
2010 21’ Seahunt Luckydutch II (sold)
2014 21’ Robalo Cayman R206 Luckydutch III