Photography Classes

Wondering if any of y’all could recommend any photography classes or instructors in the area?

Ive been wanting to get into this hobby for a long time and finally purchased a Canon 70D with kit lenses. Looking to get some nice lenses soon.

I have been playing around and learning to shoot in different modes, over the last few months, but would really enjoy learning from someone who knows what they are doing.

Any recommendations?

I’m self taught. Read lots and there no substitute for experience and time behind the lens. The most important aspect of any photography is light. Master light and its effects and you master photography…as much as you can anyways.

I’ve got the 7D and have been thinking about making the switch to the 70D. I’m not sure about getting used to some of the button placements. I’ve read in a couple of places online that that was the biggest complaint when going from 7D to 70D. That seems weird, but i can operate my camera blindfolded. How do you like it? Any experience with 7D for a comparison?

Redfish Baron Extraordinaire

www.baturinphotography.com

23 should teach Bosun and in exchange he gets a few trial uses of the 70D to see if he likes it.

First, Most, Biggest

Don’t you have a college game day to get ready for?

Redfish Baron Extraordinaire

www.baturinphotography.com

Stan Foxworthy has some classes and seminars.

Sailfish,

Ive enjoyed the 70D. One of the bog reasons I bought it was for video. It has the best auto focus of any camera in the Canon dslr line up.

Ive been pleased with the stills, as well. The flip out touch screen has been useful for shooting funny angles. Just got home from a trip to Italy and it did well shooting at night and in low light situations in all the old churches and wine cellars. Ive only recently gotten into shooting birds in flight, but the auto focus and tracking system is performing well with that.

If you’d ever like to try it out you are more than welcome. Im still new to photography and enjoy meeting guys who are more experienced. There is also a local guy at http://shootrentals.com/ He rents lenses and bodies nd has a 70D available

http://digital-photography-school.com/ is a great site if to use if you are looking for reading material… also subscribe to some of the magazines… Photography is one of those things you just have to go out and do! Two different settings can often turn the same image out to be nearly the same… Understanding the individual settings is very important… Also, Don’t be in a hurry. There is also another video based learning website, where you can pay for classes individually and watch them as many times as you’d like… www.craftsy.com

“The Wet Dream”
20’ Pioneer 197
150hp Suzuki 4-Stroke