Pit Bulls

Skinneej, How could you be 100% sure that any animal wouldn’t bite someone if they were scared? I better the odds of it not happening by exposing her and spending time with her. I can only hope that she wouldn’t, or my other dog Maddie (chesapeake bay retriever) wouldn’t. I give them enough freedom when they’re out that they have never roamed. I can go inside and take a nap and come out hours later and they will be laying by the door, or swimming in the lake. I don’t have a fence because I don’t need one. When the sun goes down and its time to go to bed I tell them to go to there kennels and they do. You just have to spend TIME with your animals no matter what it is. Too many people get a pet and leave in on a chain or in a cage and never pay it attention. Heck I spend more time with my pigs, than a lot of people spend with their dogs… I’m no animal activist by no means, but if people treated their kids like they treated their dogs they would be under the jail.

quote:
Originally posted by BREEZE1

Skinneej, How could you be 100% sure that any animal wouldn’t bite someone if they were scared?

You can't. That's the point! But I would rather be bitten by a Chihuahua than a pit any day of the week... As a matter of fact, I'll take 2 Chihuahua bites over 1 pit bite any day...

Depends on if the Chihuahua was rabid or not. Or maybe if the pit had no teeth. A lot of factors to consider.

quote:
Originally posted by 7cs

Depends on if the Chihuahua was rabid or not. Or maybe if the pit had no teeth. A lot of factors to consider.

Very true!!!

Comparing a pit to a chihuahua is like comparing a howitzer to a staple gun. I’d also rather be bit by a chihuahua than a mastiff, great dane, great pyrenese, lab, german shorthaired, doberman, rottweiler, bernese mountain dog, weimaraner, american bulldog, english bulldog, dogue de bordeaux, brittany spaniel, poodle (standard), schnauzer (standard), golden retriever… I’m sure I forgot a couple, but basically anything that I cant punt and/or could knock me down.

Pissed off big dogs do more damage than pissed off small dogs. Just so happens Pits have a higher tendency to get pissed off more than other dogs. I’m not sure why the owners are so defensive about this.

I have several friends with Pits that I would consider very good dog owners. There’s not a single one I would let my kid crawl all over comfortably like they do my German Shorthaired, or let play alone with my dog unsupervised.

“Edaniel is a compromising liberal, according to past threads, so consider that info here too.” - mac daddy

quote:
Originally posted by Edistodaniel

Comparing a pit to a chihuahua is like comparing a howitzer to a staple gun. I’d also rather be bit by a chihuahua than a mastiff, great dane, great pyrenese, lab, german shorthaired, doberman, rottweiler, bernese mountain dog, weimaraner, american bulldog, english bulldog, dogue de bordeaux, brittany spaniel, poodle (standard), schnauzer (standard), golden retriever… I’m sure I forgot a couple, but basically anything that I cant punt and/or could knock me down.

Pissed off big dogs do more damage than pissed off small dogs. Just so happens Pits have a higher tendency to get pissed off more than other dogs. I’m not sure why the owners are so defensive about this.

I have several friends with Pits that I would consider very good dog owners. There’s not a single one I would let my kid crawl all over comfortably like they do my German Shorthaired, or let play alone with my dog unsupervised.

“Edaniel is a compromising liberal, according to past threads, so consider that info here too.” - mac daddy

Edistodaniel and Skinneej agreed on a topic... I think I just felt a ripple in the spacetime continuum...

Speaking of Chihuahuas, My uncle use to have one when I was a kid. (**() dog bit me all the time, but my uncle never corrected it. He treated the chihuahua like a baby. If that happened to me now I would stand on its neck. Dogs are a big responsibility. And you’re right Skinneej I wouldn’t want to be bitten by a pit, they do not stop! That’s why I do everything in my power to raise mine right, as should other people no matter what dog they have.

quote:
Originally posted by skinneej
quote:

Edistodaniel and Skinneej agreed on a topic... I think I just felt a ripple in the spacetime continuum...

I heard it too. You must be wrong somehow.

quote:

I heard it too. You must be wrong somehow.

Well played sir! Well played!!!