place to take 5 year old crabbing

we are coming down to my mom and dads camper in north myrtle beach next week and i would like to take my 5 year old crabbing but i have no clue where on the upper end to go. For the last 20 years we have been staying at ocean lakes but mom and dad have moved their camper to myrtle beach travel park. Can anyone help me out with some where close to take the kid just for some fun. thanks

I would got to Huntington State Park or Gov. dockin MI

Big Dummy

Down by the Hot Fish Club also…MI

I’m tired of being told that I have to “spread the wealth” to people who don’t have my work ethic. I’m tired of being told the government will take the money I earned, by force if necessary, and give it to people too lazy to earn it. I think I’m going fishing…!!

Long way to drive to go crabbing. I did a Google:

http://parks.nmb.us/pages.aspx?id=102

Looks okay to me:

quote:
Cherry Grove Park and Boat Ramp

Google Maps

In-town Directions: Take Ocean Boulevard to 53rd Avenue North and turn away from the ocean. The Park is 4 blocks straight ahead.

This popular fishing spot is located on the Cherry Grove marsh and provides boat access to the marsh and the Atlantic Ocean via Hog Inlet. Within the park is reserved parking for the Heritage Shores Nature Preserve.

Park amenities include:
2 lane boat launch
Fishing pier
Floating boat dock
Restrooms
Picnic Shelter
Bird watching pavilion
Parking 65 spaces with 30 reserved for vehicles with trailers
Access to and parking for Heritage Shores Nature Preserve

</font id=“quote”></blockquote id=“quote”>

Stratoyak i found that park with google as well thanks for the info that look to be about the only place up north that will be good for a little kid. Doc thanks for the info may try to get down that way but it is the opposite end of the grand strand.

You welcome…I seen a few caught there…:smiley:

I’m tired of being told that I have to “spread the wealth” to people who don’t have my work ethic. I’m tired of being told the government will take the money I earned, by force if necessary, and give it to people too lazy to earn it. I think I’m going fishing…!!

Cherry grove park is perfect for kids and crabbing,off the dock or along the bank,for the most part its a sandy bank with the exception of dead low tide,gets a little muddy then.We’ve been going there ever since it was built.Good luck,there’s also an area on the inlet closest to town(right near the “concrete pond” that has parking and great crabbing and usually no very crowded.