Places to metal detect

I have recently started this as a hobby. Mainly to pass time while at the beach. Nothing good found so far, mainly a bunch of loose change, some junk jewelry, and trash. At least I leave the beach cleaner than when I got there.

I would like to find some places more interesting to search though. If anyone has access to some land, and wouldn’t mind a little metal detecting being done, please let me know.

Thanks!
John

Research and ask permission. I just started last year and have found some pretty interesting items from colonial era and civil war items.

XMAN
I have always been curious about what might be found at one of the sandbars on a dead low tide on a Monday after a busy weekend? I know the REDNECK RIVIERA has a gold chain and a sailfish pendant that was given to me by my father before he passed. I wish you could find that for me!

Victor
SAKATUMI TRAE
19’ SEA PRO CC // 150 HP YAMAHA

quote:
Originally posted by flyinghigh

Research and ask permission. I just started last year and have found some pretty interesting items from colonial era and civil war items.

That’s Cool - post some pictures please.

Sabalo 21 150 Yamaha

Key West Stealth 150 V-max (SOLD)

Be careful posting pics. The next thing you know, someone from the state will chime in laying claim to whatever you found. I read an interesting story about an artifact/fossil hunter and his ongoing battle with the state regarding ownership of such things.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

Half of what I have found was from a late 1700s house site on my property. The other half is from a friends property that’s been in their family since 1710. Good luck to the STATE.

quote:

Half of what I have found was from a late 1700s house site on my property. The other half is from a friends property that’s been in their family since 1710. Good luck to the STATE.

So post em up! I’d love to see what you’ve found. Head to the library and do some research on old battles. Biggest thing you’ll run into is not many property owners willing to let an unknown on their property. Such a sue happy world and liability risks. Keep your ears open and start networking.

Hmmmm. I’m have to study on that a minute never posted a picture on here

I’ve seen plenty of arrowheads, but how about this???

Sorry, not metal detector stuff:smiley:

NN

Now that is cool. I have found 2 pieces of Native American pipe ( both same pipe in same area) but that bowl is very nice.

Man Glenn, that’s a nice one! The detail is still very visible.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

That’s pretty cool! DoubleN, not looking for exact area, but can you say what general area you found it in?

Wonder how many happy thoughts that pipe had an influence on. :smiley:

No luck posting from phone. Will try from computer at work tomorrow.

quote:

No luck posting from phone. Will try from computer at work tomorrow.

Forget Photobucket, save to computer then post it.

NN

Anytime there is major sand loss at the beach, go at low tide and find some really hot stuff.

Capt. Garry Coats
Folly Beach & CHS
@DolphinChartersSC

Someone told me you are not allowed to metal detect on the folly Beach county Park end…because it’s a county park…is this so?

miss’n fish’n

212 SEAHUNT CC
Sea Squirt 16

The evidence room at the local PD is ptetty good, but you have to be cool about getting in.