Playing with Plastics

Left My dock with friends and headed to a Trout spot that usually holds some nice Trout as soon as Water temps hit around 65.We arrived after a 15 minute ride and the Rhodan pulled us in place. Several casts and we worked the bar with no luck. Went to spot number two and PP down and started casting. I hooked up several times all dink Trout.Friend pulled in a nice 20 incher with no egg signs yet. Several 17-19 inchers all looked good. I found that using a popper cork with 3 feet of 20 pound leader worked best with no Lead or plastic loss the rest of the day.The trick was to throw the rig a mile pop it just once and retrieve it real slow. Our entire area was shell covered in most areas.Opening Night worked best with 1/8 OZ yellow head. I hooked a nice fat Red and had to chase the cut line and Friend threw a rebel plug snagged the cork and did epic battle with the Red.Red was sent home happy. Water temp was 66 and maybe clear to 2 feet.

5 Likes

In addition We spotted several huge gar at times right along side the Sea Hunt.

1 Like

Awesome report, thanks for the story! Glad to see you posting some more these days :muscle:

1 Like