Pontoon Through Jones Creek

I have been through Jones creek at least 2 dozen times in my 19’ sea pro and several time in a 21’ bay boat. We now have a 24’ pontoon with a 115 optimax. I have always been fairly confident navigating the creek and I plan on taking the pontoon through it soon. I am however a little skeptical about doing it. Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Pontoon prolly runs skinnier than that bay boat.

2010 17’ JVX Carolina Skiff 40 Yamaha tiller

2002 14’ Alumacraft 30 Yamaha tiller

I took a 32 ft pontoon through there a few weeks ago with no problem. It was nearly high tide though.

Tommy

Sweet, thanks for the reply

Went through at low tide and came out at high tide with no problems

My track trough Jones creek has at least 3’ of water at low tide with the exception of one spot. There is an area about 1/4 mike from the mud bay entrance that has a 2ft depth at low tide. It is marked with a float and has a soft bottom.

Yeah, we didn’t have any problems in the creek but Mud Bay is tough at low tide. Had 2 prop entanglements back to back. Old crab pot lines I believe. If I had been on plane we probably wouldn’t have hit them.

Takes a lot of time and effort to learn the waters. I spend a few hours 2 years ago sounding a track in through mud bay. Result is I can now go from South Island to North inlet at low tide with only 2 spots having a depth less than 4ft. Just have to pay attention to changes over time.