Pool Builders - Any Recommendations?

Looking to have an in-ground pool installed in the next year… Does anyone have an in-ground pool and can recommend a particular builder in the area? Or know of anyone with a good reputation? I’m leaning towards a fiberglass pool, possibly vinyl. I live in Mt. Pleasant.

thanks in advance,
Tim

PM penfishin on this site,she knows the pool guy on here.
Or try Aqua Blue Pools.

Double D.

We used Alaglas. No problems at all with anything. It’s been 2 years. I would suggest getting a deposit in someone’s hands before the end of the year if you want to be swimming by June. As bad as the economy is supposed to be, the pool business seems to be smoking hot.
We were able to get about a 30% bigger pool and 1,500 sq ft of concrete for about $5k less than the gunite prices we got from 2 other reputable builders. I’m in Mt. P. as well. PM me if you’d like more info.

Some advise that was given to me years ago…

Pools are like children, in someone else backyard they are a lot of fun and enjoyment, in your backyard they are a lot of hard work.

Think long ad hard before you have either one…

i agree with reelshock. we had 16 x 36 in ground that held 26,000+ gallons. nothing but constant work and trouble since day 1. had some good times but that didnt out way the expenses or the daily upkeep and troubles with it. it was gunite also put in by paradise. stay clear of them too.

Good advice there, having a pool put in is like getting married or having children, your life will change forever. We’ve had a lot of enjoyment out of ours, but a lot of constant work and expense and aggravation too. Once it’s there you are committed forever to maintain it or it will quickly become a green slime hole.

Capt. Larry Teuton
Cracker Built Custom Boats

“Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made.” -Robert N. Rose

What those guys said! And in the middle of the Summer, you might as well just take a warm bath, it will cool you down as much! Yellow Pine Tree pollen floating on the water and coating the tiles at water line every year. After 1 year, I told the wife if it was up to me, I’d fill it in and make a putting green out of it! Find a friend with one:wink:

I changed mine over to salt water this spring. The money spent was one of the best home imporvement investments ever. So certainly go salt.

Send lawyers, guns, and money - The poop has hit the fan.

Mine would have been better as a gold fish pond or maybe to drain it and make a skate board park for my son and his friends.

worlds biggest mud minnow tank?

Jackson, I think the question comes down to.

A. Do you want to go fishing on a nice day and spend money on the boat and tackle?:smiley: You can do this year round!

B. Do you want to spend that same nice day cleaning the pool and dumping your money in it? :face_with_head_bandage: You have a few months for this but the money and maintenance are year round.

Paradise Pools…speak with Bob.

Southern Comfort

Thanks for the advice and recommendations everyone… It’s nice to get input (pro’s and cons)from folks with some experience in this area.
Have a good weekend!

Don’t put down a deposit until you know for sure you’re getting a Christmas bonus this year. Just ask Clark.

13ft Whaler with 25hp Johnson

If you’re lucky enough to be fishing, you’re lucky enough.

That’s funny SFL…
Got Cousin Eddie and the camper in the backyard charging $xxx per week. He wants to barter a few polyester suits… I’m thinking about it!