Power Bill ?

Anyone received latest bill yet?
Be sure you are sitting down …

Lol…

SAFMC you suck!

$106.56…just awful! :stuck_out_tongue: Next meter read 1/17, should be interesting.

Aborted power plants ain’t cheap

It will be bad if you had a Griswold Christmas!

quote:
Originally posted by PeaPod

Aborted power plants ain’t cheap

Dominion is gonna save your day.

NN

Mine was $270 which included the cold snap. The previous bill was $188. The house is around 2300 square feet and two story with high ceilings. The heat pump is less than a year old and we are all electric with Berkeley Co-op. All things considered, I was expecting worse.

Pioneer 222 Sportfish
Yamaha 250

we set a new usage record.

http://www.abccolumbia.com/2018/01/06/sceg-electric-customers-set-new-usage-record-winter-storm/

Proline 201WA
Aloha 24ft pontoon (LooneyToon)
Old Town stern with 7.5 johnson

Mine doubled, and I don’t even think it included most of the cold snap. I think NG is up for us, and we started using the fire place.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

quote:
Originally posted by Geronimo

Mine doubled, and I don’t even think it included most of the cold snap. I think NG is up for us, and we started using the fire place.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

NG price only changed slightly, if a fireplace has a regular chimney and doesn’t have some kind of blower system to distribute heat to the house along with an outside air intake, it will cool off the house more than it will heat it, basically costing more money, they do a good job of heating the room they are in but freeze the other rooms as outside air is pulled in to allow the chimney to exhaust

it comes down to the standard stuff: good insulation, minimize infiltration, control ventilation, water heating and an efficient HVAC system

Pioneer 197SF

blueskyguy. a while back there was a conversation about getting an energy audit done on my house by SCEG. i applied for one but never heard back from them. is that a common thing?

Proline 201WA

quote:
Originally posted by TheMechanic

blueskyguy. a while back there was a conversation about getting an energy audit done on my house by SCEG. i applied for one but never heard back from them. is that a common thing?

Proline 201WA

hopefully not, contact em again, they are still doing them, I think it’s a 2-step process, if it doesn’t work let me know

Pioneer 197SF

10-4 thanks. do you think the PSC will allow this dominion deal to happen?

Proline 201WA

No telling what the PSC will do. Politics seems to be the rule of the day. They ran Dukes Scott out of a job. He was the best employee they had. He understood all sides and did a good job balancing the needs and following the law. His replacement has already made a few mistakes and showed her lack of understanding of what is happening.

I’m aware of 3 options on the table and the Dominion option is by far the best choice. I’m not saying it’s perfect or what customers want but so far it’s the best deal. The customers will get cash refunds and a rate reduction once the deal closes.

Folks want a full refund. The problem is that there isn’t a bottomless pit of money. By and large the stockholders are the little people, pension funds, teachers unions, etc. The politicians seem hell bent on destruction. If they proceed with legislative action to roll back rates then that’s the end. The Dominion deal will be canceled, SCANA files a lawsuit and things are tied up for years. Or they just declare bankruptcy. Under bankruptcy law the federal judge is required to: 1) protect the value of the company, and 2) pay creditors. No where in that definition is any requirement to take care of customers.

In other utility bankruptcies the customer was the ultimate loser. The company was reorganized and the ton of legal fees were added into rates. In one case the cost was about $3,100 per customer. During the 3-4 years it takes to resolve everything there are all kinds of other issues that are not good for customers.

It’s a sad day for sure. It’s a time for cooler heads to prevail. The regulated utility industry is quite complex and making the wrong move will only make things worse.

Pioneer 197SF

Insulating yourself from accountability/liability seems to be the rule of the day. Whether the utility industry, politicians, lawyers, and contractors. Nobody is responsible anymore.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

aggree… incompetence and greed seem to be at the center of this and some of the other ‘capers’ going on. no one is being held accountable. at any level it seems. utility management,psc and the people that put both in place. the money is lost. i want someone behind bars.

good for Berkeley County getting Fed indictments on Brantley Thomas. He has to plead guilty. We will find out how much time gets next week. Any bets ??

Not enough compared to what he stole

quote:
Originally posted by PeaPod

Not enough compared to what he stole

the news lady said he could be sentenced to decades.
My bet is 20 months in a country club, he will actually serve 3, than walk on good behaviour

I know a little about this kind of thing. hear me now and believe me later. when these type get caught, it’s effin egregious, and alotta people knew for a long time.

i’m thinkin your prediction is about right.

Got mine yesterday. It spanned all of the cold, 12/19-1/22. F($#), it was double. $423, SCE&G. That’s 1760 SF, 60’s ranch, and a 15 year old gas pack. unit.

www.militaryappreciationday.org