Power Pole Lesson

My 10 ft Blade deployed going down the highway this weekend because of a busted hydraulic line…note to self…keep a bungee cord wrapped around the pole, just in case this ever happens again. On a side note, the pole did stop my truck and boat…well not exactly, but it makes for a good story.

John

Pathfinder 23 HPS

Man, that sucks! Hope you were on the way home, not on the way to the ramp.

Neither, but just as bad. I picked my boat up from where I keep it on Friday to have it for fishing on Saturday, so needless to say, I wasn’t using the PP on Saturday!

John

Pathfinder 23 HPS

I have heard of a similar situation and PP replaced the pole for free. They supposedly have great customer service so I would give them a call.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”.

I called them immediately and they had the stuff FedEx within an hour. Very responsive. One thing I did find out…if you don’t have the expertise to fix it yourself, there aren’t that many warranty centers locally, which basically means the parts are covered but not the labor. The service center has to have sent one of their Techs to the Power Pole class in Florida for one day in order to become a warranty center. Not really a big deal since most repair work takes less than an hour.

John

Pathfinder 23 HPS

A friend posted this after he found out I had won a power pole informing me that they don’t work on Sam Ritt.

Charleston City Papers Best Guide of 2014

quote:
Originally posted by CaptFritz

A friend posted this after he found out I had won a power pole informing me that they don’t work on Sam Ritt.

Charleston City Papers Best Guide of 2014

That was me! Thanks Fritz…I always put the pole down at the traffic lights! :smiley:

John

Pathfinder 23 HPS

Charleston Marine is an authorized service dealer. Chris is the man and will do you right!

Marsha
22 Sea Hunt

Thanks Marsha, that’s good to know for future reference.

John

Pathfinder 23 HPS

I think I misspoke. Chas marine is an authorized service for Minn Kota. Sorry

Marsha
22 Sea Hunt