Powerful message from Giuliani

quote:
Originally posted by Geronimo

Why does everything have to be a debate?

Even when we get along, we can’t get along.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

You are right.

quote:
Originally posted by 7cs
quote:
Originally posted by skinneej
quote:
Originally posted by 7cs

http://www.bestplaces.net/religion/city/south_carolina/charleston

For what it’s worth. You can check other cities from here too.

First I have heard that < 50% of Americans are affiliated with a religion. I would have to question these statistics.

Did you look at Chas and Balt counties? It shows about that, with Chas beong slightly higher I believe. What do you question?

The fact that almost every other survey out there says otherwise:

http://www.pewforum.org/religious-landscape-study/

http://www.gallup.com/poll/12091/tracking-religious-affiliation-state-state.aspx

http://southcarolina.stateguidesusa.com/answers-to-my-questions/what-are-the-demographics-of-south-carolina?/

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 7cs
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 7cs

http://www.bestplaces.net/religion/city/south_carolina/charleston

For what it’s worth. You can check other cities from here too.

First I have heard that < 50% of Americans are affiliated with a religion. I would have to question these statistics.

Did you look at Chas and Balt counties? It shows about that, with Chas beong slightly higher I believe. What do you question?

The fact that almost every other survey out there says otherwise:

http://www.pewforum.org/religious-landscape-study/

http://www.gallup.com/poll/12091/tracking-religious-affiliation-state-state.aspx

What is your point? Seriously, tell me. What percentage are you saying is affiliated? I thought we were saying the same thing at first. Maybe not.

quote:
Originally posted by 7cs

What is your point? Seriously, tell me. What percentage are you saying is affiliated? I thought we were saying the same thing at first. Maybe not.

Depends on what you mean by “affiliated”. Are you talking about “affiliated with a religion” or “affiliated with a church\congregation”?

It seems that you were suggesting that less than half of America is “religious” and I was showing you other surveys that says it’s more like 70%.

Honestly, I guess I don’t really know what you are saying…

quote:

Even when we get along, we can’t get along.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

Geronimo I agree. My post was more to give credit to those families and how they have expressed and relied on their faith as a great example.

The name Jesus MOST often automatically brings debate, face it!!!###

My answer: Because we(everyone in USA) are strong, emotional people, so we WILL stand strong on our convictions, mostly anyway.

Not being willing to compromise causes many debates by nature.People who ARE willing to compromise don’t have too many debates, but they should not get very much respect for their opinions either.

AND, of course, NOT everything is debated on here, primarily, it is emotional subjects that are ALWAYS debated, obviously, the reason people say “stay away from politics and religion”.

I am EXTREMELY thankful to Andy for his strong willingness to allow these threads to exist, without deleting, or correcting, rarely ever.

ROCK ON, CF.COM, AND ANDY!!!### P

“The big one’s still swimming, let’s go.”

Some people are just as emotional about the Confederate flag, Nascar, fishing, beer, women, on and on subjects, as SOME Christians are about Jesus.

ALL of the above subjects can get a debate started in a flash, anywhere.

Thanks Mac, I am not an idiot and fully understand why people debate. My point was, just when everyone was starting to get along, and come together, why bring up a topic to start a debate. It just seemed counter productive to bring up religion when we already have secular and non-secular support in the wake of this tragedy. Why start a religion argument. Just enjoy the love, whether everyone knows the origin of that love doesn’t matter. Just embrace the love, and enjoy it. Talk about ruining a good party.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

OK, Geronimo, great point, but you made a short, very short, reply, so how was I to know what you meant?

I didn’t mean to imply you were an idiot, not a very nice reply on your part, I doubt you knew Every point I made.

Skinneej was making a very good point, that the focus was getting away from the true focus of WHY the situation is peaceful, not to just be thankful it is peaceful.

Take a scenario, if ONE PERSON kept this situation peaceful, that person would be ALL the talk, and they would be honored at the White House.

But, because Christians kept it from being riotous, we say EVERYONE has a part in this case.

NOW, you see the Christian opinion of God being “out of the secular mind” in everything, BUT, the secular mind can do good, and be given the highest honors.

Too one sided in every case, plain and simple.

This topic was not stared to create a debate. It was a reminder to Christians to not turn a miraculous display of Christian witness into a secular label.

Correct, Skinneej, it just took the wrong turn because, as usual, some secular people just couldn’t let God get the credit He is due, nor can they let Christians get the credit they are due in this miraculous happening.

The support for the victims of this ridiculous act of violence and evil from the Charleston community, Christian, secular, black, white and the nation as well is undoubtedly a beautiful thing. What I am putting forth here is not meant to take away from that or to offend anyone in any way and I sincerely hope that is not the result.

I think this situation can only be compared to what happened in Baltimore or Ferguson in that the perpetrators were white and the victims black, the fact that the media as well as some democrats, some republicans and probably other factions that I?m not aware of are using it to further their own agenda?s. The demonstrations in those cities were not against any particular race.
They were against the law enforcement communities, the city officials and an environment whether local or national that is perceived to foster the idea that the use of lethal force is more acceptable when used against blacks than against whites.
The catalyst in those instances was not the fact that the shooters were white cops but the fact that the shooters were white and cops therefore representing the prevailing attitudes of the officials in those cities and the country as a whole. When Officer Slagle shot and killed Walter Scott there was a lot of tension in the immediate aftermath. Some small demonstrations took place that would have gotten larger and angrier had not our police acted quickly and decisively arresting Slagle and charging him with murder. Scotts family, friends and the local African American community got the due process of law that they deserved.
The demonstrations stopped, the tension eased, and the city carries on.

When that pathetic little monster went into that hallowed place and slaughtered those fine people in their peace and grace it was a true horror, and we as a community were horrified, we were furious, we were heart broken, we wept, and then as a community we stepped up. Some in person, some only in spirit, we as Charlestonians as Carolinians as Americans as Christi

lololol Man I type poorly.:sunglasses:

Key West 1520
70 Yami
She’s little, but she’s pretty, skinny and fast.

saltwater: Not sure why the need to call me out. I am all for the support and outpouring of love during this time. My daughter is good friends with Sharonda Singletons daughter, she spent the night at our house several times. I certainly didn’t mean anything negative towards folks, and I’m sorry if anyone felt offended. I was merely trying to point out something similar to what you said.

“The support for the victims of this ridiculous act of violence and evil from the Charleston community, Christian, secular, black, white and the nation as well is undoubtedly a beautiful thing.”

“Some in person, some only in spirit, we as Charlestonians as Carolinians as Americans as Christians and Seculars stepped up.”

It was earlier implied that only religious folks could respond the way the victims responded. TONS more could be said on this topic, but here and now is NOT the place.

John

15’ Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

quote:
Originally posted by saltwater420

The support for the victims of this ridiculous act of violence and evil from the Charleston community, Christian, secular, black, white and the nation as well is undoubtedly a beautiful thing. What I am putting forth here is not meant to take away from that or to offend anyone in any way and I sincerely hope that is not the result.

I think this situation can only be compared to what happened in Baltimore or Ferguson in that the perpetrators were white and the victims black, the fact that the media as well as some democrats, some republicans and probably other factions that I?m not aware of are using it to further their own agenda?s. The demonstrations in those cities were not against any particular race.
They were against the law enforcement communities, the city officials and an environment whether local or national that is perceived to foster the idea that the use of lethal force is more acceptable when used against blacks than against whites.
The catalyst in those instances was not the fact that the shooters were white cops but the fact that the shooters were white and cops therefore representing the prevailing attitudes of the officials in those cities and the country as a whole. When Officer Slagle shot and killed Walter Scott there was a lot of tension in the immediate aftermath. Some small demonstrations took place that would have gotten larger and angrier had not our police acted quickly and decisively arresting Slagle and charging him with murder. Scotts family, friends and the local African American community got the due process of law that they deserved.
The demonstrations stopped, the tension eased, and the city carries on.

When that pathetic little monster went into that hallowed place and slaughtered those fine people in their peace and grace it was a true horror, and we as a community were horrified, we were furio

Anyway, to summarize, I find it sad that the victim’s families stepped up to give a powerful\purposeful testimony to Jesus Christ and mainstream society attempted to strip the religion out of it within 24 hours.

But, I am happy that some public figures like Giuliani still recognize the power of God through their testimony.

Who stripped the religion out of it? Charleston is a community. Charleston was hurt. Charleston is reacting. There are Christians in Charleston. There are non-Christians in Charleston. It’s a good city with good people. I’m not sure what you’re getting at. It just seems like you’re trying to be divisive on purpose. If you want your own hashtag you can just make one if that’s what it’s about. They’re free. Watch: #ChristianStrong #CharlestonChristianStrong #ChucktownforJesus.

Again, who is stripping Christianity out of this? People are holding prayer vigils in the street, so how are they forgetting?

quote:
Originally posted by Edistodaniel

Who stripped the religion out of it? Charleston is a community. Charleston was hurt. Charleston is reacting. There are Christians in Charleston. There are non-Christians in Charleston. It’s a good city with good people. I’m not sure what you’re getting at. It just seems like you’re trying to be divisive on purpose. If you want your own hashtag you can just make one if that’s what it’s about. They’re free. Watch: #ChristianStrong #CharlestonChristianStrong #ChucktownforJesus.

Again, who is stripping Christianity out of this? People are holding prayer vigils in the street, so how are they forgetting?

Again, not everyone is... There is definitely a Christ centered response of love and support going on as you mention, but the reason transcends the belief that "we are just a good city and that's how good cities roll". As mentioned before, Jesus' plan still works and this is an example of that! This is just a reminder of where it came from. Reminders are usually to serve those that need them... I'm just saying, for Christians, don't lose the opportunity to praise God while you are busy praising Charleston. There are those that will understand my message, and those that will not. It was not meant for those that would not.
quote:

Thanks Mac, I am not an idiot

you are if you disagree with him. See pg 28, Title IV Section G408 of the 3rd End Times thread. don’t feel bad though, many of us other poor, dumb, unenlightened rednecks are right there with you.

it’s all in there, along with the secret jetty shad run info

Horrible replies on both parts, Geronimo and Pea Pod, very uncalled for, and obviously inaccurate on both parties.