prefab shop/garage

Anyone ever put up a pre-fabricated shop or garage? Was it easy to build and insure?

Steel vs wood vs whatever - if you’ve done one recently how did it go and what did it cost?

P.M. Sent

Good question. Was thinking same thing.

If it’s not a big one, it’s always cheaper to build a pole barn out of wood.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

Having built 3 metal sheds in the last few years, I wouldn’t go any other way. I chose this company,http://www.kirbybuildingsystems.com/ , and couldn’t be more happy. Material and labor was around $45,000 for a 60’X30’, mine are open on sides to allow tractors,grain wagons, etc. to pull straight through.

Wood pole barns are fine, but the elements will work them. Poles will sink if a concrete footer is not installed, Colleton County now makes you install a footer on pole sheds, if its a permitted structure.

$25 s/f is high. Especially for not being finished on 2 sides. It must be a really tall Ag shed to cost $45k.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

quote:
Originally posted by Geronimo

$25 s/f is high. Especially for not being finished on 2 sides. It must be a really tall Ag shed to cost $45k.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

You pay for what you get. Its all metal, no support will fail if hit by a tractor, and yes, silage cutter, corn picker, and combine have to fit under there.

Was only trying to answer the op’s original question, certainly not trying to sell anyone here on this site.

As a retired GC I have built 100’s of both pole and steel buildings You get what you pay for, opt for the ticker roof metal! Smaller building and most pole buildings can be erected by you self with ladders and a few laborers! But on larger builds you need a fork lift and boom truck or crane, 2 manlifts and a truck load of safety equiptment! PM me for any questions!