Pretty cool vid on supplemental feeding deer

23, you can get your property registered for Night hunting and kill all the armadillo’s, hogs, and coyotes you want using artificial light. Won’t need a depredation permit then. We love to do a late night armadillo cruz tour.

https://www.dnr.sc.gov/nighthunt/

I might do that in January for the armadillos. I’m apparently not a great yote hunter. I can catch em in the foothold trap with the best of them though! Much more efficient yote killing tactic for me.

If ya google it, armadillos are most active from 0100-0500. They have to have the most blood of any animal. Dang if those things won’t do some bleeding. Also crazy how some will jump a few feet straight up.

Duckcommander, God rest his soul, used to tell stories of hunting WMAs around and how he’d love to sneak up on armadillos and scare them. He’d get a kick out of how they would jump straight up in the air 5-6 feet. I sure miss that guy.

1 Like

Met Duckcommander one time when leaving restaurant in Augusta. He was coming in with family and asked if I owned the truck with the bumpersticker about SCDNR or something, can’t recall exactly.

Anyway he asked if I was on CF.com. Told him yes and mentioned couple of folks on here we both knew at the time.

Probably 10 years ago but I work with some folks that responded to that accident…Sad…

To close, I found out today Ga has opened up coon and armadillo season year round for trapping as of July 1 on private land. Had a feeling those 3 I got in the live traps were legal few days back.

Dog Proofs hanging outside ready to go.

NN