Preventing rust on truck due to boat ramp

I’ve noticed a lot of rust on the undercarriage of my truck in the last 6 months. This is obviously due to my increase in number of fishing trips (not complaining about that …) but it hurts to see the truck rust away. I read online that you can get undercoatings or even line ex it. Does anyone have any experience with this???

17’ Mako //90hp Mercury
16’ Alumacraft // 20hp Yamaha
14’ War Eagle // 9.8hp Tohatsu
17’ Key West // 90hp Yamaha

Fluid Film works great and is easy to use and reapply.

THere are many forms of undercoatings and yes they do work. Most everyone up north Gets it done due to salting the roads in Winter. Biggest thing I saw was doing it to a new vehicle. Undercoating an older vehicle you need to have the undercarriage immaculately clean. If not the rust will continue to work it’s magic under the coating.

After returning from the landing do not delay in washing off your truck even if you have it undercoated.

Fargo - TrueCoat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2LLB9CGfLs

I use the spray cans of 3M Rubberized Undercoating from the Auto parts store.

Thanks for the reminder, need to get after it again.

Fresh water maybe? :smiley:

quote:
Originally posted by skinneej

You would think that it would take care of it. I honestly wash under my truck more than the boat. I ever go as far as crawling under it.

17’ Mako //90hp Mercury

quote:
Originally posted by Screamingdrag
quote:
Originally posted by skinneej

You would think that it would take care of it. I honestly wash under my truck more than the boat. I ever go as far as crawling under it.

17’ Mako //90hp Mercury

Fair enough. I lease my vehicles, so every 3 years, I just turn it back in, rust or no rust!