Printer Recommendations??

I supervise a section within my department. Due to the nature of this section, they print approximately 3,000-4,000 pages per day. Our IT staff uses the “one size fits all” criteria to select printers and what they currently have simply is not up to the task. The HP service guy has been in 3 times in 4 months and yesterday said, “you are printing too much on this printer”. We are currently using an HP LaserJet MFP M527.

I am researching printers to find a replacement because our IT staff simply won’t put the effort into it that I will. I am looking for a heavy-duty, commercial type printer, black & white, NO fax, NO scan, NO copy, just a printer that will withstand the kind of use we will subject it to. While I’m not looking for the cheapest printer, being a government agency, I do have to be mindful of price.

Any recommendations, suggestions for finding the right printer? This isn’t exactly my area of expertise.

Thanks!

My office prints 300-1000 pages a day and we get by with a new Canon C5500 pretty well. It prints letter, legal, 11x17, and 12x18 so it can’t hold more than a sleeve of 8.5x11 but it’s done well the last 6 months. But it’s probably not what you’re looking for.

I would recommend reaching out to A&E Printing and Duncan Parnell. They both do large print jobs for Architects, Engineers, and Contractors so they might be able to suggest some options or put you in touch with somebody who sells ore leases them printers. They will likely try to sell you their services too, printing and binding, but listening to a sales pitch is a small price to pay for getting ■■■■■■■■ for people who print for a living.

First, Most, Biggest

Thanks for the input GW!

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?