Private car sale paperwork questions

in so carolina to sell a car between two private people do you just sign the back of the title? is a notary required?
is a bill of sale required? does the seller keep the license tag and turn them in to hi way dept?
I went to hi way dept to ask- 40 people in line

if the seller is my mom and she is sick and I have her power of attorney how does that work do I sign my name and make a note that I am signing for her as POA?

Thnaks

sign title to transfer the title (ownership), notary not required

print bill of sale from DMV website, to have a complete record of the sale (or maybe this is with a boat, could be confused, sold both recently) but the info is on the DMV site

you own the tag, keep it, put it on another car or turn into DMV, remember to get a refund of your property tax

Pioneer 197SF

The only time I’ve ever needed a bill of sale was transferring a car to SC from a non-title state. You can do it, but I’ve never had to on newer cars.
If you’re doing a POA, that’s one exception where I would use a Bill of Sale AND a notary. it doesn’t make any difference to you as the seller, but it will keep the buyer from jumping through a whole bunch of hoops.

Turn in that tag the same day you cancel insurance. There’s a daily fine for not turning it in.

Boat drinks, Waitress I need 2 more boat drinks!

Make sure you notify the state when you sell the vehicle. Sold one years ago and figured the new owners would re-title it. They never did, and after they wrecked it and abandoned it years later, it came back to bite me. I got a bill from a tow yard for the tow, and almost year’s worth of storage. Never paid it, fought with the tow company, it finally was removed off my credit report. MAKE SURE YOU WASH YOUR HANDS OF THE VEHICLE LEGALLY AS SOON AS YOU SELL IT!

Annoy a Liberal, Work Hard and Be Happy!