PSA Summerville

Had Tula 9 m.m. today for $30 a box of 50. One box limit.

Glad I didn’t need any that badly.

Ammo is obnoxious. I only buy in bulk these days for that reason.

“Another poon dream splintered on the rocks of reality.” --Peepod 07-25-2017

Bulk is good, IF you can find it and IF you don’t have to take out a 2nd mortgage. I used to think I had too much ammo squirreled away. Now I feel like I don’t have enough.

"Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It's Hand", but really, who cares?

Part of the problem and what’s keeping this going is the scalpers.I’m working just down the road from PSA, academy sports and Cabela’s here in Greenville. You ride by academy sports on Monday morning these 50 or more people out there waiting in line. Talked to one of the guys that works there the other day He said the first 25 or so people in the door are the same people. And they buy a limit of 2 of each caliber no matter what it is. My suggestion to him was maybe they put it out at different times.
This always happens around an election year but never this extent have I seen it. My opinion what has really added fuel to this fire is all the new first-time gun owners. There was over 5 million first time gun owners last year. That’s a lot of ammo. Just stick your head in the gun store every time you get a good chance. Good luck

I am fragile. Not like a flower. But like a bomb.

22 life’s a day

There is an ammo cartel here in Columbia. My BIL was at PSA here during the holidays and spoke to 2 retired military guys that said they were part of a group of retirees that get up everyday and hit any store that might have ammo. They buy and hoard.

Stopped by Pawn King in Augusta today to pick my pistol lower up that came in from PSA. While there, dude comes in with 2 boxes/cases of ammo. 45 and 9mm. Couldn’t hear what they negotiated, but when dude left I asked how much per box on the 9.

$180 for 200…Ridiculous!!

Probably one of the folks in line each morning at Academy, Cabelas etc!

NN

Capitalism!

Good lord, I’d never imagined 9mm at that price! Day late and a dollar short. We all should have stock piled/invested!

My father-in-law would give me a 1000 rounds or more a month 20 years ago and all I had to do was give him the brass back. I’d unload a mag in an ant nest some times. I’ve only got one 9mm… an older ruger P85, but still about 5000 rounds for it, maybe I should sell some? nope. :smiley:

Said the ranges are scooping up brass now and selling it.

As all here know, hindsight is 20/20. What could have been, or what I should have done…

NN

Like you said DoubleN. If we would have only put $10,000 in bit coin in 2010 when it was worth .06 cents we would be sitting on 6.5 billion… that was a couple of weeks ago when it was sitting at $41,000 +/- a share. Then there was gamestop. :smiley:

I know, just wishful thinking! If I played the stocks I’d be broke. Edward Jones and another company tends to my investments.

Facebook marketplace was full of people selling ammo. They say its for a sticker. I messaged one for .22 LR they wanted 35.00 box of 50

BOB

The last time I bought 22 in bulk, I paid around $.07 a round. I haven’t looked at ammo in several years becuase I had “more than enough.” Now I’m not sure what that means anymore.

How much is enough?

Today is the first time I’ve looked at ammo prices in a long while, and wow! I can’t believe it. People are so stupid, or smart, or scared, or all of the above. I get it; I don’t like or understand where or why the country is heading where it is right now either. Like I said, last time I bought 22 it was around $.07, 40 was around $.25, 45 I think was around $.45, 7.62 was like $.35 maybe. Prices per round. The AK likes the cheapest dirtiest ammo you can put in it.

Cheapest bulk orders, if they had them, that I could find:

22: $.33 per round when buying 500 rounds
38: No one I checked online had 38
9: $.68 per round when buying 1000 rounds
40: $1.05 per round- a lot where out of stock, couldn’ find it in bulk
45: $1.30 per round, but I couldn’ find it in bulk
556: $.73 per round when buying 1000 rounds
762x39: $.52 per round when buying 1000 rounds

This is all I checked on because its the ammo I go through the most.

Right before all this started. I had a deal on 20,000 rounds of 22 shells. I offered half of them up here on The forum. At cost not trying to make any money. Got a couple smart replies why would you need that many.
:+1:

22 life’s a day

20,000? That’s a two year supply for my Daughter. People that question why obviously don’t spend enough time at the range with kids and their 22s. We stocked up too before all this started and won’t need to worry about 22 ammo for a few years more… :+1:

Made it by the range this afternoon. Just 40s today.
The last couple times I’ve been to DNR ranges there has been no brass. Everyone’s saving it saying they’re going to start reloading. There was a scrapper there this afternoon. I had to shag him away from my brass twice.

22 life’s a day

Bought my Daughter a muzzle loader last week, and took it to my gun club yesterday to sight it in. Picked it up along with powder & bullets, and accessories all for half price. Spent a couple of hours getting it dialed in. It’s a shooter. Shooting 270 grain Federal Borlock bullets over two 50 grain Pyrodex pellets.

Had to find a bullet she could load easily, since she has to much trouble trying to load a sabot round. Stopped back by the store today and found a few more packs of the bullets, so she’s set for some practice this summer, and hunting next season.

No brass to pick up…:smiley:

3 shot group at 100 yards.

Oh man, Some Thermal and Night Vision equipment arrived this week.

Finally got to play in the yard tonight. Wow!

Coolest stuff ever!!

NN

We need photos

We’ll be looking for the meat pics this fall.

She’ll be hunting solo in some areas this coming season. Been scouting spots along the river where she can sit away from me about 100 yards, and hunt by herself, while I sit another tree.