public landings

Only fish Murray couple times a year and when I do usually put in
at Dreyer but would rather be closer to dam !!! any one got favorite
public landing in that area???:question:

[http://www.militaryappreciationday.org

When you see “Old Glory” waving in the breeze, know that it is the dying breaths of our fallen hero’s that makes it wave.
author unknown

Don’t know about favorite but there is a two lane ramp at the dam. You also have Hilton Rec area, Lake Murray Marina, Lighthouse Marina are all below Dreher.

No matter how much it hurts, how dark it gets, or how far you fall…you are never out of the fight.

The dam has a three lane ramp. Jake’s landing is just down the road (Hwy. 6). They have a two lane ramp. Turn at the Shell station. Better Bait & tackle is right there also. I think Jake’s charges about $7.00.

Bob Van Gundy
Marine Designs,Inc.
Custom Aluminum Fabrication
803-727-4069

Wherever you launch from, plan on riding a lot to try and find some halfway clear water. Or maybe wait a couple of weeks for the mud to start settling out.
Murray is as muddy as I have ever seen it. Our fishing this past Saturday, near Ballentine, was very tough. I’ve never seen dingy water that far down the lake before. I guess we should have been targeting catfish or shallow largemouth.
We fished between Shull island and the south side of Murray about a week ago and caught a few fish. At that time the water wasn’t too bad over there. That was too far for us to ride this past weekend in the wind. The water between Jakes’ and Spence island might not be too bad. We didn’t try to get over there Saturday.