Punta Cana Suggestions (Not Fishing)

I’ve got a work thing in Punta Cana in Feb. I’m scooting down a few days early and taking the wife for our anniversary. She’s a teacher, can only get away for a weekend. Friday-Sunday for her. I’ve only done all inclusive once in my life and felt a little trapped but I’ve read horror stories about life outside of the resorts across the DR.

I assume I should just book an all inclusive and sit on the beach Fri-Sunday for such a short trip. I’m at the Hard Rock for the work thing, but not stuck with it for the weekend before. Probably go lowest price, name brand resort, like the Westin or something.

Any other suggestions?

BG

I just read a story about a young couple contracting Calluses from walking barefoot on the beach there earlier in the month…You may want to look into this…

Edited for bto…

Way to ruin it! Don’t tell my wife!

BG

Good stuff!

BG

We just got back, stayed at the Westin for a week with my wife, then did a couple of days at an all inclusive for the work bit.
Best thing we did was go up north and had a guide hike us to top of a mountain and then come down by jumping of waterfalls into the pools and sliding dwn natural rock slides. very very cool. also went to a monkey sanctuary close by, great day.
I messed up lst day and drank some non bottled water and had a real bad stomach situation for about a week so be careful with that.

I’m not a Dr, those are my initials and I cant edit my user name. Please do not contact me regarding medical issues :slight_smile: