quality not quantity 12/18

Braved the wind today. It blew and blew and blew. When I thought it was done it decided to well; blow some more. Only caught 5 fish today, 6 if you count the 1 in the cast net while looking for gizzards. Missed a couple more, But the 2 fish went 9 and 8#, while the others were between 6-7#. This may have been one of my best days in a long time for quality fish. All caught on herring in less than 15’ of water, couple in 4/5’. All on boards and floats.

“Sea~N~Stripes”
21’ Hewes Craft Custom
115 Evinrude

Very nice. I haven’t been since October and I’m about ready to put the boat back in.

Beautiful fish! Congrats!

Sportsman Heritage 229 CC
Yamaha 200 HP
Jeremiah 29:11 !!

Goood fish man! The #9 is a real brickhouse! We needed a couple of those Sathrday:)

Xpress HB-22
175 Yammy Jammer

is the last fish a hybrid? nice fish btw!

green grass and high tides forever
jhp----- Murrells Inlet

quote:
Originally posted by tideline_two

is the last fish a hybrid? nice fish btw!

green grass and high tides forever
jhp----- Murrells Inlet

Naaa. Striper all the way. I have had plenty of arguments (of the nice kind) about hybrids being in murray. They all see broken lines and think hybrid but from what I understand it takes a long time for striper to get “full” stripes and even then some dont because of injuries when they were smaller. Out of the thousands of fish i have seen and caught out of murray i have never seen one.

The tooth patch under the tongue is the tell all, but usually u can tell by the body shape. Hybrids will be much stockier. A 21" striper compared to a 21" hybrid would be like comparing a vegetarian to “i eat triple cheeseburgers every night for dinner” type of person.

“Sea~N~Stripes”
21’ Hewes Craft Custom
115 Evinrude

I hope to be able to show you some picks of some honest-to-goodness 7-12 pound hybrids… from Lake Cherokee, TN. I and my Team Hardcore buddies will be up there for our annual holiday retreat the 27th-30th. We also hope to hang some cow stripers:sunglasses:

Xpress HB-22
175 Yammy Jammer

According to the SCDNR as of a few years back , there aren’t supposed to be any hybrids in Murray. I had caught a big fish that I thought was a hybrid, it turned out to be the current SC record white bass. Caught it on a Berry spoon in 65’, mixed in with a bunch of nice stripers.

There are hybrids in LM. They are few and far between, but I have caught several over the years. In fact, we have weighed a couple in MSC tournaments. Speculation is that they escaped by broken pond dams upstream. They make great pond fish. One of our members has a pond stocked with them. He catches and releases and basically treats them like pets:smiley:

Xpress HB-22
175 Yammy Jammer