Quepos, Costa Rica fishing

Went down to Quepos, Costa Rica for part of my honeymoon last week and got to do some inshore fishing there. fished with the boat Idra out of Marina Pez Vela. Pretty good little trip. Landed a large catfish, Jack, cubera snapper and a roosterfish. Little disappointed we had to help catch the bait which cut into the fishing time but i got the roosterfish i came for. All in all it was a fun trip. Leanne from Quepos Fishing helps organize the boats down there and made that a simple process.

You didn’t enjoy catching bait? Were you throwing gold hooks to sardens. Great pictures, that rooster sure got you to smile! Lucky man to have his wife let him fish on his Honymoon!

Catching bait really wasnt too bad. Used sabiki rigs and circled around till we saw the sardines on the water or on the sonar and dropped down for them. Always fun to catch something. Having to catch bait takes from the real fishing though…

Congrats on the rooster! I actually fished out of Quepos on my honeymoon too, but we chased sails. I would love to go back and catch a roosterfish one day!

1994 Hewes Redfisher 18, 2004 Yamaha 150 VMAX
Malibu X-Factor Kayak