R.I.P., Billy Graham

Thank you for setting the bar. Enjoy your homecoming.

“I’m not a hundred percent in love with your tone right now…”

Good post BB…No one in his league…

Sorry to hear that this morning, he will surely be missed!

He and the angels are strolling the streets of heaven that he always talked about… I won’t pray that you rest in peace, but that you enjoy walking with God arm in arm, you earned it and the thanks of the masses that you led to Jesus ; I’m sure you’ll meet them all !!!
I never met you in person but I look forward to shaking your hand in heaven…:smiley:

George McDonald
US Navy Seabees,Retired,
MAD, Charleston Chapter
[http://www.militaryappreciationday.org

When you see “Old Glory” waving in the breeze, know that it is the dying breaths of our fallen hero’s that makes it wave.
author unknown

I do not grieve for the loss of such a great man. Instead, I choose to celebrate him, his life, his message, what he stood for, and the certainty of knowing he is in the promised land.

-The size of a fish is directly proportional to the time between when it’s lost and the story is told. - Me
-What’s the best eating fish, you ask? I’ve found that for a lot people, its the ones that they happen to be able to catch, clean, and cook. - My Dad (1/13/37 - 9/27/16 I love you Pops)
-Until you have loved a dog, part of your soul remains unawakened. Anatole France (paraphrased)
-RIP my “Puppy Dog” 10/15/2004 - 1/14/2013. I’ll never forget him. What a special friend he was.
-Team Gonna Fish

Thanks for this post BB. If all our Religious figure heads could be as understanding and humble as Mr. Graham. He’ll celebrate his 100th birthday amongst many friends and like minded souls.

A good man and a good minister for many people including several presidents. When I was growing up, my mom would watch him on TV, and have us sit there and watch as well. Learned many valuable lessons from him.

Just heard from on the local radio talk show that Billy Graham requested that his wife and him have their coffins custom-made…

…by his brothers in Christ down at Angola. Perhaps the greatest mic drop in the history of the world. Can you say, “perspective”? Wow.

Just heard that he will lie in state in the capitol rotunda in DC…Excuse the pun. ,but very few common folks have ever been afforded that honor , I think its GREAT !! RIP in Gods hands Reverend Graham…

George McDonald
US Navy Seabees,Retired,
MAD, Charleston Chapter
[http://www.militaryappreciationday.org

When you see “Old Glory” waving in the breeze, know that it is the dying breaths of our fallen hero’s that makes it wave.
author unknown

His coffin was made in 2006 by a prisoner in Lousiana!

quote:
Originally posted by Black Bart

Just heard from on the local radio talk show that Billy Graham requested that his wife and him have their coffins custom-made…

…by his brothers in Christ down at Angola. Perhaps the greatest mic drop in the history of the world. Can you say, “perspective”? Wow.

Jesus and the thief on the cross comes to mind. Fight for those that need saving. So unhypocritical and the theme of this is off the chain. GODspeed Mr. Graham. That you sought to redeem/comfort those that needed it the most instead of seeking out those that could supply money, speaks Tons about your faith and heart.

GOD’s will knows no color, but instinctively recognizes those that deserve eternal peace and glory.

quote:
Originally posted by Bowhunter

I do not grieve for the loss of such a great man. Instead, I choose to celebrate him, his life, his message, what he stood for, and the certainty of knowing he is in the promised land.

I couldn’t have said it better. My sentiments as well.

“You don’t have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body.” - C.S. Lewis